8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rear camber is -2.3 .. and the most i can get outta my ingals front camber kit ( using 2 bolts each side ) is -1.8 .. I contacted Skunk2 a few months ago and they said they were releasing a front camber kit that would do up to -3.5 or so. And they told me it would be out by the end of that month that I contacted them. Well its still not available from what I can see.. So, does anyone know of any other camber kits that will get me up to -3.5 camber up front?

Thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why so much? Why not adjust the rear? Is this for competition?
track days yes. I suffer from massize understeer. I have been in contact with Shawn Church from the Temple of Vtec. He has told me that they have tried several different camber settings and he said the setting that seems to work best on their project Si is -3.5 front and -2.5 rear.

My rear cannot be adjusted any more possitive camber as I do not have a rear camber kit. So im stuck at -2.3 .. Although I can adjust it to -2.5 when I get the front fixed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That is a bit much, you must have a lot of roll to make that contact patch??
Couldn't you get a bit more oversteer with some caster and or toe adjustments?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'd get some more positive camber in back first with some camber arms.

I'm running -1.3 up front and something like -.7 in the back (with a sway bar).The car does understeer sometimes but I can safely say that at least 90% the time it's my fault.

In general, with the alignment, sway, HFP suspension, and stickyish tires, I'd say that my car is neutral with a bias towards oversteer.

I'm autoxing with occasional track outings though . . . nothing too hardcore.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Some cars get the negative camber from pillowball mounts with adjustable camber instead of the bolts.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
wont the high positive caster create more negative camber when the wheels are turned? Wouldn't that much negative camber along with a high positve caster make the contact patch way smaller on the inner edge of the tire? You would have to be getting some serious body roll to make that patch hit even. I was tought this by Hunter Engineering when I was trained to use thier alignment machines at thier training facility. If this is wrong someone correct me please. because I was under the Impression that this is correct. Thank you.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to K-MAC, Camber Kits, Caster Kits, Springs, Swaybars.

what is the temple of vtec car using for camber adjustments?
they are using a prototype version of the progress coilovers. But they told me the prototype version is different then the production version. The prototypes lower mounting holes were placed further out to where it created more -camber. Where as the production versions were placed right where the stock holes are so therefor not creating any addition to -camber.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts