8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've decided to solve the one big dilemma I've had with my car. As much as I love it I'm kinda bored with the pre-USB civic audio. I'm tired of resorting to plug in AUX cables and wasting a cup holder for an iphone holster. (Also sick of these things lasting only a few months before the wires start to tear!)

I've had a navigation dash piece in my interior blue for awhile but I've put off doing anything with it:

Objective: finding an attractive & reasonably priced touchscreen to fit the standard Nav-dash.
- Must be able to connect to steering wheel audio controls
- Must be able to accept my iphone with control of playlists from screen
- Must have the basic radio/CD functions as well

- Navigation, bluetooth, and DVD's isn't a concern. Just looking really for a nice looking solution to add some flair for music.

Any advice on systems or setups to look into?

Thanks in advance for any help :wavey:

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
im a fan of alpine, but their flagship model sits sqaurely at 4 figures, so I figure thats out on the reasonably priced part. . . but its a nice piece if youre up to spending the money, that and Alpine has a close relationship with apple, so their iPod connections are good, on USB or their proprietary Fullspeed plug

as for cheaper id say pioneer or Kenwood, ive heard odd things about the new Pioneer AVIC-F series, so id say Kenwood would be the way to go, theyve got all sorts of models with or without integrated navigation. . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.