1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
321 Posts
eBay that Navi to us Canadians! We get no Navi unless we get the Acura branded one for the CSX and I don't even know if it has an option for XM Radio.

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Honda factory nav units are actually pretty damn good. I've played with factory Ford units, Nissan, Benz (in europe though), and the HK trafficpro, Pioneer Avic-1, and the older Eclipse one. This Honda one is the most accurate and best one I've played with yet in almost all areas. Second is the trafficpro. Despite no map and being pretty much just voice, arrows, and distance, I like the actual routing from the trafficpro the best. 2 reasons, it wasnt afraid to use major backroads where others insist on staying on interstates and highways as much as possible despite mode setting, and it also had a no tolls option for routing which really meant no tolls, period, instead of just 'minimize tollls' setting that still took you to them without even a warning like most others. If the Honda would do "no tolls" and really stay off those roads like the trafficpro instead of this minimize toll bs, it would be as good as nav gets at the moment. Anyways, the Eclipse one does have a lot of features and toys on it for that kind of thing. I dont know much about the Kenwood, but I'd go with the Eclipse.

I think throwing away the $1500+ on the price of the car by ditching the stock nav unit, and dropping another $1500+ on an aftermarket one is A LOT of cash just to play DVD's.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I was just going by sheer price.. ive had kenwood and there really easy..

it doenst have nav at 800 bucks.. but who cares about Nav unless your on teh road 24/7.. id take video over nav any day..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i do not have the car already...as soon as the SI comes out with Navi, i will..but until then im waiting. As far as wasting money...money is not an option right now, i have money to play with...also, i know i could sell the factory navi. Thanks for all the replys guys, but not one person mentioned if the damn thing will fit or not...:D

i guess it would since nobody said it wouldnt..but anyway, im just exploring my options...i know i want digital music, and the card reader is a plus for the factory Navi, but the Eclipse has the 30 GB hard drive.

Another reason is expandability. I want to replace factory speakers with componet systems and add subs, so i want pre amp outputs. I also want expandability to add 2 more screens behind the headrests as well as some other various things

·
Registered
236 Posts
One thing to concider is (as far as i have heard) no one has a wiring harness out yet for the 06 civics. and you never know what your going to need to do to remove that nav. and put in something else. Its possible your going to need some module or something but we wont know until metra or best kits or somebody tears into one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts