8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my in cabin filter around 55k which was long over due i know lol it made a big difference overall but even after i still got a funny smell when i would turn the ac on etc..

I pulled the brand new filter out and sprayed it down with Febreze and the surrounding area where it sits and i get no more funky smells so if any 1 else has had this issue this will be your solution..

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
FYI, if you want to be like Honda then spray some lysol on the filter. This is better than febreeze as it will kill the bacteria in the vents as well.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Good idea. I usually just cut up a portion of squash air freshener and then cut it into smaller pieces and stick it in the cabin air filter. Squash smell for a month ftw.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never done this...but I only have 19k on it. How much a filter cost?
yea i paid like $15 after tax any auto zone type store should carry them i tried ordering it twice online and and both times it got back orderd..

it sits behind your glove box simply squeeze both sides in and then pull it out your prob due for 1 around 25k depends on if you drive in shitty areas more often then not...

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ hmmmmm thanks for that link lol..

i think i might order that filter wrench right away you have no idea how many times ive had a problem getting my oil filter off nothing comes off my car easy..

·
Live, Love, Learn...
55,919 Posts
Your welcome..
I dont use a filter wrench.. i used my strength haha.. takes me like 5 mins of struggling..

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Idk it never comes off my car with my hands or any 1 else hands ive prob used every method in the book to get it off it just seizes up on there..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Funny, when I got my oil changed the professional comes out and shows me the cabin filter...it wasn't that bad. He said it needed changed, he said $99.+tax for part and labor.
I said hell no. Got home and searched high and low for where he pulled it from and could not find it. Behind the glove box huh? Only $15. at Auto Zone?
Once again the 8th Civic folks have MADE MY DAY!!! Tomorrow I replace.:wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
if you want a honda filter don't buy the one for the civic get the one for the accord its cheaper and the same as the civics. I think i only paid like 20 for it last time i changed mine.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Funny, when I got my oil changed the professional comes out and shows me the cabin filter...it wasn't that bad. He said it needed changed, he said $99.+tax for part and labor.
I said hell no. Got home and searched high and low for where he pulled it from and could not find it. Behind the glove box huh? Only $15. at Auto Zone?
Once again the 8th Civic folks have MADE MY DAY!!! Tomorrow I replace.:wigglesmiley:
rofl $99 you can buy 6 years + worth of cabin filters for that money depending on how much you drive its amazing what techs try to get away with..

·
Live, Love, Learn...
55,919 Posts
Its behide the glove box.
Pull open, push in sides and pull out. The glove box should hang down. The cabin filter is stright in there.. make sure you push in the sides of the filter holder before you pull it out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts