8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im about to go put this gasket on finally...

and quick question. if my car only has 5k miles on it do i need to worry about flushing the coolant? or can i just drain it and refill it afterwards.i doubt its that dirty already no?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
yes you have to drain the coolant if you are going to remove the intake manifold because the coolant flows into the back side of the intake manifold.

if you dont you will have a big mess of coolant all in your engine bay. Just drain it into a bucket and re use it

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
No problem man, better safe than sorry. I imagine it says something about it in the manual if you'd like to know exactly when it needs to be done. I would imagine over 100k

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
koop youve been very helpful. one last question. i thought i had a torque wrench laying around but i guess not. is there anything else i could use to put the bolts back in?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
You could just use a ratchet and be a human torque wrench, just click your tongue when you get to the right torque. :p

I would recommend getting one, you'll wish you did if you get a leak. Make sure you do the proper 'torque sequence' also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.