8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe how many whiny lil bitches are on this site complaining about stupid ****.

I picked up my car and had one issue with it. There is a piece of plastic that sits between the windows on the passenger side. It wasn't staying fastened for some reason. I pulled the rubber seal and reseated it but it would come back out after a day of driving. I made an appointment with the service manager at my local dealer (and I didn't even buy the car there) after trying to sort it myself. This was last Saturday, and again this problem was a cosmetic one.
I think I was at the dealer for maybe 3 minutes. A service adviser walked up to me as soon as I got out of the car....I told him why I was there and that I had scheduled an appointment through the service manager. He took one look at the issue and fixed it immediately, didn't even have to pull it into a bay. And to tell the truth, this "issue" had been like this for weeks. I just finally decided to do something about it. And the issue was so minor and insignificant that it's hardly worthy of mention.

3rd gear issues? Not over here. I can tell the 3rd gear slot or synchro is slightly notchy, but it was like this in my RSX Type S, and 3rd gear was kind of bitchy in my S2000. Neither was a big deal to me. 3rd gear just takes slightly more finesse to get it right. I will switch to Amsoil MTF when I change the oil at 5000 miles.

Rattles? I bump the stereo on my commute into work, I have to, to wake up in the morning. Today I drove without it and didn't notice any more rattles or creaks than any other car I've driven in my life.

Interior easy to scratch? As soon as I pulled it into the garage for the first time I picked up a microfiber towel and some 303 protectant and went to town on the interior. Problem solved.

All in all I'm happy with this purchase. I picked up a Si Sedan that has a K20, some luxury features (remote trunk, steering wheel controls, etc), great handling for a stock car, great stereo for a stock car, Honda engine reliability, and 4 doors, something Honda hasn't done with this type of car since the Teg, all for $20.5k OTD. I'm pretty happy with it. I think some of the complainers we have on this site stretched themselves financially for the car, therefore, ***** about any/every little nuisance or generally make **** up. For a $20k economy car I think they really did it right. They gave us a Sedan Si, Nav options, next year a leather option in the Ex, I mean what do you want? If you want something that has more torque, more features, or whatever you can invent then go spend more $ or go to a less reliable mfr. I even drove a LX Coupe before I bought my sedan, and was impressed for the price. I think Honda did well on the 8's. They aren't perfect but I think they did a damn good job. I've had many cars, and many that are more expensive and I think they did a good job. Quit complaining and enjoy your car. :thumb:

·
Registered
139 Posts
TommyD said:
I can't believe how many whiny lil bitches are on this site complaining about stupid ****.
... and what are you doing right now? You're bitchin' and whinin' about other people bitchin' and whinin'. ;)

I think it's great for people to moan and whine about problems they are experiencing with their cars here. Of course, not the trivial stuff like "A bird pooped on my windshield! What windsheld cleaner should I use?!" but actual problems they experience whether that be cosmetic or mechanical.

It's great that you love your car and everything is perfect with it, but the fact of the matter is that any manufacturing/design process produces defects. These complaints may simply be someone whining to you but I'm sure Honda considers it as feedback.

In reality, if no one made any complaints ever, there wouldn't be such things as TSBs. There is a difference between being happy and being ignorant. It sounds like you are happy with your car so that is great but you shouldn't try to persuade people to be ignorant.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
So just because you have little problems, we're all whiney bitches? Sorry, but from an adult, I would've expected something a little more intelligent coming from you.

I used to own an 06 LX. The car had ZERO rattles.

I bump up to an 07 SI. THe car WAS 4 grand more than the LX. So far I've had..

Major rattling in the pillar (caused from a loose drain tube in the sunroof).

After #1 was fixed, I now have a wicked rattle in my sunroof from them fixing the first one..

One of my windows rattles like mad, can't be replicated at the dealer...

My left speaker has an INCREDIBLY annoying buzzing sound, almost like a bee flying around my cabin.. dealer calls honda and honda tells them this is normal with the amplifier! Are you kidding me? It's so loud I can hear it over music on volume 12-14..

Second gear grinds BADLY on shifts over 6k+ RPMS. Take it to the dealer.. dealer suggests replacing 2nd gear synchro at MY expense sense I obviously messed it up.

4 Month old car.. two noticably large chips on the front bumper. White car + paint chips = quite noticable.

Large black mark on bumper that wasn't noticed when I pick up the car.. refuse to fix after three (?) days of ownership because it can't be proved they did it.

The car was 20 ******* thousand dollars, Honda needs to get there **** straight. Stretched financially? My parents bought it and I'm paying them back, and my parents probably make triple what you do, if not more. So don't throw that excuse in here. I'm just sick of going from the same car, of a lower trim, and then upgrading to the most 'luxurious' (as you put it) trim and having tons and tons of problems.

Call it bitching if you want.. but I'm sick of it. Test drove a MS3 and there wasn't a single thing I could complain about! I know everyone raves about honda reliability, but whats reliability without some finesse to it? The MS3 I'm looking at is about 2k more expensive, and just the interior alone is worth it.

And please, please don't get me started on the interior. If you honestly think I'm going to beleive that because you put down some liquid protection on your interior and now all is fine and dandy, than I revert back to my "I would've expected something a little more intelligent coming from you." The interior is cheap, cheap plastic, and unless you're rubbing JB weld all over it to apply a thin strip of STEEL over it, nothing will save it. Nothing. Especially not some liquid crap.

·
Registered
700 Posts
well, sorry if you hate the problems you're having with your civic, but i'm with the OP on this one, every single car out there has problems, i bet you even the ms3 have their own problems..

·
Registered
152 Posts
TommyD, I am with you. My 07 Si Sedan has zero issues. I have no trans issues, no rattles, no stereo issues, no chips, no paint issues, no squeaks, no interior issues at all. My only beef is the location of the oil filter and the clock time advancing weekly, but I will have to live with it. Yes I think there are way too many complainers about Honda quality. If there cars were that bad, they would be at the bottom of the list from JD Powers research study. They always score in the upper 25% tier from all the manufacturers from customer satisfaction.

·
Banned
441 Posts
TommyD said:

I picked up my car and had one issue with it. There is a piece of plastic that sits between the windows on the passenger side. It wasn't staying fastened for some reason. I pulled the rubber seal and reseated it but it would come back out after a day of driving. I made an appointment with the service manager at my local dealer (and I didn't even buy the car there) after trying to sort it myself. This was last Saturday, and again this problem was a cosmetic one.
I think I was at the dealer for maybe 3 minutes. A service adviser walked up to me as soon as I got out of the car....I told him why I was there and that I had scheduled an appointment through the service manager. He took one look at the issue and fixed it immediately, didn't even have to pull it into a bay. And to tell the truth, this "issue" had been like this for weeks. I just finally decided to do something about it. And the issue was so minor and insignificant that it's hardly worthy of mention.

3rd gear issues? Not over here. I can tell the 3rd gear slot or synchro is slightly notchy, but it was like this in my RSX Type S, and 3rd gear was kind of bitchy in my S2000. Neither was a big deal to me. 3rd gear just takes slightly more finesse to get it right. I will switch to Amsoil MTF when I change the oil at 5000 miles.

Rattles? I bump the stereo on my commute into work, I have to, to wake up in the morning. Today I drove without it and didn't notice any more rattles or creaks than any other car I've driven in my life.

Interior easy to scratch? As soon as I pulled it into the garage for the first time I picked up a microfiber towel and some 303 protectant and went to town on the interior. Problem solved.

All in all I'm happy with this purchase. I picked up a Si Sedan that has a K20, some luxury features (remote trunk, steering wheel controls, etc), great handling for a stock car, great stereo for a stock car, Honda engine reliability, and 4 doors, something Honda hasn't done with this type of car since the Teg, all for $20.5k OTD. I'm pretty happy with it. I think some of the complainers we have on this site stretched themselves financially for the car, therefore, ***** about any/every little nuisance or generally make **** up. For a $20k economy car I think they really did it right. They gave us a Sedan Si, Nav options, next year a leather option in the Ex, I mean what do you want? If you want something that has more torque, more features, or whatever you can invent then go spend more $ or go to a less reliable mfr. I even drove a LX Coupe before I bought my sedan, and was impressed for the price. I think Honda did well on the 8's. They aren't perfect but I think they did a damn good job. I've had many cars, and many that are more expensive and I think they did a good job. Quit complaining and enjoy your car. :thumb:

:yeahthat:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Si_Jeff said:
well, sorry if you hate the problems you're having with your civic, but i'm with the OP on this one, every single car out there has problems, i bet you even the ms3 have their own problems..
I heard that the ms3 has problems with their motor mounts breaking. I think that is more of a serious problem than a few scratches and some rattles.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Vtec said:
So just because you have little problems, we're all whiney bitches? Sorry, but from an adult, I would've expected something a little more intelligent coming from you.

I used to own an 06 LX. The car had ZERO rattles.

I bump up to an 07 SI. THe car WAS 4 grand more than the LX. So far I've had..

Major rattling in the pillar (caused from a loose drain tube in the sunroof).

After #1 was fixed, I now have a wicked rattle in my sunroof from them fixing the first one..

One of my windows rattles like mad, can't be replicated at the dealer...

My left speaker has an INCREDIBLY annoying buzzing sound, almost like a bee flying around my cabin.. dealer calls honda and honda tells them this is normal with the amplifier! Are you kidding me? It's so loud I can hear it over music on volume 12-14..

Second gear grinds BADLY on shifts over 6k+ RPMS. Take it to the dealer.. dealer suggests replacing 2nd gear synchro at MY expense sense I obviously messed it up.

4 Month old car.. two noticably large chips on the front bumper. White car + paint chips = quite noticable.

Large black mark on bumper that wasn't noticed when I pick up the car.. refuse to fix after three (?) days of ownership because it can't be proved they did it.

The car was 20 ******* thousand dollars, Honda needs to get there **** straight. Stretched financially? My parents bought it and I'm paying them back, and my parents probably make triple what you do, if not more. So don't throw that excuse in here. I'm just sick of going from the same car, of a lower trim, and then upgrading to the most 'luxurious' (as you put it) trim and having tons and tons of problems.

Call it bitching if you want.. but I'm sick of it. Test drove a MS3 and there wasn't a single thing I could complain about! I know everyone raves about honda reliability, but whats reliability without some finesse to it? The MS3 I'm looking at is about 2k more expensive, and just the interior alone is worth it.

And please, please don't get me started on the interior. If you honestly think I'm going to beleive that because you put down some liquid protection on your interior and now all is fine and dandy, than I revert back to my "I would've expected something a little more intelligent coming from you." The interior is cheap, cheap plastic, and unless you're rubbing JB weld all over it to apply a thin strip of STEEL over it, nothing will save it. Nothing. Especially not some liquid crap.
It's a 20k car interior, and you get what you pay for. I don't have any scratches on my interior, but that is probably because I don't bang **** around the car. What I was trying to get across was that your experience isn't typical. And I think you have legitimate issues to deal with, many of them stemming from your dealer. My opinion is that someone legitimate posts about an issue then others suddenly think they have the same issue and it spreads like wildfire. Everyday I log into this site I see thread after thread about complaints that seem to me like people reaching and reaching bigtime. Thus I think the car is getting a bad rap. I'd love a nicer interior but it would come with a higher price tag. I've read threads about a rattling interior when they have an aftermarket sub in the trunk, well that is going to happen. My point is that too many people ***** in general, where there isn't a problem. Discerning real problems from bullshit on this site, well it's difficult. My car is fine but I'm not trying to turn it into something it is not, it's an economy car and the lowest tier. You want a nicer car, nicer interior, more torque, etc, well spend more $. And as far as the paint goes, go read almost any new car forum and you'll see the same complaints. I've seen it on the G35 forums, Vette forums, you name it. The problem with paint is when the EPA changed the law disallowing lead in it. Good luck with you car dude, I think you are one of the people with issues that need to be addressed. From the brief comments it doesn't sound like your dealer is stellar.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
digger1978 said:
TommyD, I am with you. My 07 Si Sedan has zero issues. I have no trans issues, no rattles, no stereo issues, no chips, no paint issues, no squeaks, no interior issues at all. My only beef is the location of the oil filter and the clock time advancing weekly, but I will have to live with it. Yes I think there are way too many complainers about Honda quality. If there cars were that bad, they would be at the bottom of the list from JD Powers research study. They always score in the upper 25% tier from all the manufacturers from customer satisfaction.
On the internet you mostly hear the bitching and not the positive comments. For most people if everything is fine they go on about their business and won't spend the time to praise the car.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
With the exception of the crappy paint, I'll certainly give kudos to my weekender Si.

This new one-stage paint many makers seem to be using just plain sucks though. Even my nearly 20 year old project jeep has less chips than my 1.5 year old Si. Humbug.

Still love the little car though. Particularly what you get the for the money.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
TommyD said:

Dont read them then.

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
i agree, people are complaining of paint and interior problems too much, would they want engine problems with another car?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
06si said:
I heard that the ms3 has problems with their motor mounts breaking. I think that is more of a serious problem than a few scratches and some rattles.
but at least mazda recognizes this problem and fixes it. i have never had a problem fixed by honda anytime i brought it in for service.
"we cannot replicate the problem...."

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
06GAsi said:
Dont read them then.
Most of the time I don't. I click on "new posts" and it overpopulates the list some days. Don't worry...I don't lose any sleep over it. :biggrin: I'll just keep driving my POS Honda :laughing: I guess I should be pissed that it doesn't grill me eggs in the morning though.....

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Potential buyers have a right to know of the problems many, MANY of us are facing.

If these "whiners", myself included, were isolated people, and these issues were only one or two people's anal complaints, then I'd agree with you, but when almost everyone I know on this site admits to these problems, potential owners have every right to know about it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think people are bitching because they are used to Honda's legendary reliability and quality control and the new Si has fallen way short for a lot of people. I personally have owned 2 Preludes, a 2000 Civic Si and an '04 V6 6 speed Accord coupe before I bought my '07. The only issues I ever had with any of my previous four Hondas was the little rubber hood stopper on my 1988 Prelude had to be replaced (under warranty) and my 2000 Si had to have one replaced as well (also under warranty). My '07 Si has been the worst so far as far as quality and craftsmanship. The leather is falling apart on the steering wheel, the trim on the doors are discoloring, the suspension pops are starting, the center console is coming unstitched, the transmission grinds 3rd gear, paint is peeling off the bumper and the seat fabric is falling off the passenger seat. This is not what Honda is known for and that is why people are complaining, they are shocked. This is the only Honda I have ever had problems with and not what I expect from a 2 month old car from ANY manufacturer, especially Honda.

As far as people only posting problems. I praised my Accord on ever board I ever visited and bragged about how there were zero issues with it and the excellent reliability just as much as I bitched about my Si when it was the opposite. When you go the same steak house for years and order prime rib and it is perfect every time you are happy. When you return to the same steak house and order prime rib again and they bring you a plate with a turd on it, you tend to be unhappy and rethink your previous commitment to that place.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have had my Si since April 06 and the only problem I had was with the pos music link other than thatnothing. No 3rd gear grind, no sratches on the interior panels.

·
Registered
700 Posts
06si said:
lol... word.. i have a 07 si coupe, i also don't have any of the tranny problems a lot of people have, i can say this because my 02 rsx-s 2nd gear grind was bad. the cheap plastic everybody is whining about, i don't know what's the big issue is. the only problem i have is the paint, the paint is too thin, but i guess not everything is perfect.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.