8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, a month later and my sway bar bushings sounds like a fat ass jumping on a trampoline.

How often do I have to re-grease the bushings on this?

·
Registered
110 Posts
are you running stock endlinks or aftermarket? cause i noticed the same problem with my stock ones, so i ordered aftermarket

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've used a synthetic caliper grease on mine. Has high washout resistance and rubber/plastic safe. Lubed the hell out of them when I installed them (I have both front and rear Si bars), and no noise at all. You can pick it up at any auto parts store. It's also great on your caliper slides, etc when you do your brakes.

Here's a link, but they do make smaller bottles and even little tubes of it. Very good stuff! CRC Syn Brake Caliper Grease

Brian

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think it's the endlinks. I've had this problem and lubed them up and the noise went away. But I am aware of the endlinks breaking and ripping the sub-frame out, so I'll check that here soon.

And I'll give that grease a try. I think I've been using lithium grease, and obviously that stuff washes out pretty quick.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
So thats the noise I have been hearing? I want to get it fixed by Honda but I can't recreate the sound whenever I want. It just comes and goes and it is so annoying. This is the stock bushing squeeking? Mine does it out of the front right side of the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hmm.. what are you greasing it with??

ive greased my bushings once when i first installed them and have not had any issues with squeaking or noises..

when you first greased them, did you get the stuff into every nook and cranny??

mb you can try this stuff.. ES Formula 7:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts