8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Ouch, from the pics I thought a school bus had hit you. Good luck fixing it man, I guess thats why alot of people suggest against remote start on a stick shift

·
Registered
923 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that. My friend did something similar while parking at school. We have a brand new parking lot which students are only allowed to park in after 1st period (so as to let teachers get parking first), and it just so happened that one day, the security guard wasn't there before school started and my friend decided to park there. He was looking to see if the guard was coming, and he bumped into the concrete base of a light pole going 1-3 MPH. I think he cracked his bumper (it was a 7th gen Civic).

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why didn't you have the E-brake up too?
The ebrake was up.. it doesn't stop it that much.

so how does leaving your car in gear deter bad guys?
it prevents them from being able to tow the car. it's the easiest way to steal a car imo.

I'm so used to the trunk button being on the bottom right (stock key remote) but the remote start is on the bottom right of the alarm remote. *cries*
I never leave my car in gear and if I do, I'm fully aware of it. just a damn stupid careless unforgivable mistake. I don't think she'll ever forgive me. :(
this wouldn't of happened if I didn't get called into work today.. I had no plans of leaving the house at all today. #$^@!$# damn job! I hate that place. >_<
I want to reprogram the remote to only start with a sequence instead of just one button. x_x;

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ouch, from the pics I thought a school bus had hit you. Good luck fixing it man, I guess thats why alot of people suggest against remote start on a stick shift
and the pics are AFTER I've been cleaning all the paint off. just some that rubbed so hard into the clear bra in the front that it won't come off.

what to replace it with..... I'm debating if I should go through the insurance or not because it looks like $1500 damage and deductible is $500... who knows. the wheel is a little rashed too. :(

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What would leaving the car in gear do to stop the punks from stealing your ride?
did you read the quote above you? x_x; it prevents someone from being able to tow it, which with my alarm, is the only way to steal it. either way. it was just a fluke. I knew well the car was in gear. I only wanted to pop the trunk which the button for that is right next to the remote start... *cries*

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good point...u cant start in gear without clutch depressed...tru? or is it neutral...does the remote start override it...if it does it sux
depends how you have it hooked up. I just use the remote start to warm up the car when it's cold. I never drive it till it warms up.
god this is turning annoying. I just wanted to vent and cry but people are just criticizing the remote start. my g/f is out of town so I have no boobs to cry into. dammit just pity my once beautiful SI! *cries*

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
The first two pictures looks just like the damage I got when some ass hit me while I was parked and left without leaving a note, only I lost more paint.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
you're supposed to leave your car in gear... you aren't supposed to have remote start in a manual... but if you decide to go with a remote start in a manual tranny, you gotta know that you should never start the engine with the car in gear...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts