8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you guys kno, the ratio is way off from hp n tq. I'm not gonna turbo my whip so anyone found ways to even tis ratio?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Octane87 said:
As you guys kno, the ratio is way off from hp n tq. I'm not gonna turbo my whip so anyone found ways to even tis ratio?
maybe you should get a comptech supercharger... some dealers off with factory warranty i think.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Janizary said:
If you are a TQ fan, you purchased the wrong car.
That's the truth right there.

If you aren't willing to go with a turbo (which is understandable), then your options are limited. You'll still end up spending $2,000 dollars or more - intake, exhaust, reflash, race header, gaskets, spacers and possibly a supercharger. In my opinion, the trade off is minimal for the money you're pouring in.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Octane87 said:
HP = torque @ 5252 RPM

drop your limiter down and you'll change the ratio, of course then you will just have no power at all

Power is made through TQ or RPM, the Si uses RPMs

Maybe some bolt ons and the Hondata reflash may help, may give you a midrange boost that makes the car feel much better for you since power comes on lower.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
striker_1818 said:
rx-8
ms3 sucks balls with an overrated turbo and wrx is the baby brother of the Sti...
RX-8 = :thumb:
RX-8 has 159 Ft/lbs torque, not a huge improvement over SI, so not the car to get if you want torque. RX-8 is still a great car though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
U want torque buy a 1.8 GTI. Max torque is reached @ 2500rpm-->pretty sick.

U put a chip, cat back exhaust (3in is good) and an intake, and ur putting down around 250 whp.

·
Registered
18 Posts
if you would like more tqr on your k20, the only option to do is to stroke out the motor or build the motor with the biggest bore possible and longest stroke possible. Forget what the other are saying about buying different cars and what not. A k24a stroke engine will be just as trq as any other 4 cyclinder motor. Keep in mind there are only so many tolerances, and if this doesnt satisfy your need for trq you can always us f/i with it. And even if that doesnt satisfy your need you will need to move to a different chassis/engine overall. There are some setup with k20/k24a combo that came close to a 1:1 ratio of hp:trq in a f/i setting. I am sure there is a specific formula or build to do so but there is nothing wrong with more tqr then hp.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts