8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy myself a new watch. Currently, I wear a Swiss Army Original....

and I'm planning to upgrade it to this Breitling. Do you think this is a good looking watch in terms of styling? I chose this watch because it has a very strong water resistance rating, classy looking, and it has traditional Arabic and 24 hour numbering.

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You really think this watch is better?

It doesn't look as masculine as the Breitling and not as classic in my opinion. A bit hard to read... I need a watch that has to be at least 300M water resistant rating, arabic and 24 hour numbering, and masculine looking.

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My next choice of watch is this Omega. I'll probably buy this watch if I get a new job that doesn't require me to use military time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There is no comparison between the Citizen and the Breitling/Omega. The Breitling/Omega are in the top level of quality watches without getting crazy, i.e Patek, AP, Hublot. The Seamaster Planet Ocean with the orange bezel is my current everyday watch and it is a great timepiece, especially if you can wear the 45.5mm version.

If you want to look at some other fun watches you could try a Panerai Luminor, Graham Swordfish or Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Diver.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't know if this is considered "classy" but its the watch I wear at formal events and when I want the 'Chrome'...
EDIT: you can turn off the digital info on the screen there and go for a clean 'just-the-hour/minute/second-hand-look.

Its the watch form the movie "Stranger than Fiction". I saw the movie and loved the watch so I ordered it. :thumb:

-Ax

·
Registered
206 Posts
djoesting said:
There is no comparison between the Citizen and the Breitling/Omega. The Breitling/Omega are in the top level of quality watches without getting crazy, i.e Patek, AP, Hublot. The Seamaster Planet Ocean with the orange bezel is my current everyday watch and it is a great timepiece, especially if you can wear the 45.5mm version.

If you want to look at some other fun watches you could try a Panerai Luminor, Graham Swordfish or Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Diver.

+1
I bought this 2 or 3 years a go and is excellent

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They say Breitling and Rolex are in the same league. I think Breitling is a more masculine brand while Rolex is more artsy and for the older crowd. I saw two people wear the Planet Ocean with the orange benzel. I think the colour is too trendy for me. I prefer the black benzel in 42 mm size. djoesting, how much did you pay for your Planet Ocean and did you buy it from an authorized dealer?

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I considered the Aquaracer but I chose not to buy it because the Tag Heuer movements and quality aren't as good as Breitling or Omega. I heard Tag Heuer automatic watches aren't very accurate compared to Breitling and Omega and so is the quality.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My Omega listed at just under $4K, but I got the authorized dealer to discount it 40% since I buy a lot of watches.

Rolex is a great brand, but not really for me. Like you I see it as something for the older crowd and people who just want an expensive watch but don't know much about watches. Also the band on Rolexes are notorious for their non-substantial feel and link stretching. (I've had a couple so I feel OK saying that)

Both Omega and Breitling are in the same league as Rolex as far as quality and they tend to be a little more unique. In addition, if the doctors that are my customers see me wearing a Rolex they start to wonder how much I need their business. So I prefer watches that most people don't recognize unless thay are really into watches.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Sunshine said:
Yes, I considered the Aquaracer but I chose not to buy it because the Tag Heuer movements and quality aren't as good as Breitling or Omega. I heard Tag Heuer automatic watches aren't very accurate compared to Breitling and Omega and so is the quality.

yeah, it's true, but omega and breitling are more expensive than a tag also.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
I agree, Omega and Breitling are excellent choices. I think Breitling is a little underrated though. A lot of shops that carry high end watches seem to phase them out because their sales aren't meeting the store's expectations. My brother and cousin have the Seamaster. They're very elegant watches and catches your eyes.

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
djoesting, I heard that your 45.5 mm Planet Ocean is one of the heaviest watches out there, weighs like a brick or something. I also heard the strap isn't very comfortable. What is your review of the watch. How is the accuracy and durability? Does the benzel move on its own? I don't like watches with movement benzels that move on its own on the slightest touch.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've been working in my dad's jewelry shop for about 6 years now and I've seen my fair share of watches. Omega is definitely near the top end without getting too crazy. I'll tell ya, if there's one thing Swiss can do, its make a watch. Currently, I wear a Movado but they're pretty pricey. Very stylish and not bulky. My watch is VERY thin, I'm talking less than 1/4 of an inch. I don't know what exact model it is though...

found it, its all silver though.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts