8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Set of Alpine Type-S' that I haven't installerd yet. I am debating if I should return them and get 4 type-R's or just put the Type-s' in the doors and the type-r's in the rear. Then get the f450 amp.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Don't put any speakers in the rear. It's a small car...it's not needed. If anything, just keep them stock and run them off the headunit power, while you use an external amp to power a QUALITY pair of front components.

Set a budget for amp & speakers. Pick some good components (don't skimp), then find a good 2channel (or 4-channel if you want to bridge the remaining to channels for a subwoofer...or just to have for "in case") that will provide the power needed.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
CivicCoupe06 said:
fak I just bought another set of type-s'!!! should I refund ASAP!?
oohhh, another! I thought your PM meant you had only bought one pair.

YES. call NOOOOOOOOW, lol.

Then we'll work on upgrading your front speakers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I second the advice of focusing on quality fronts. In my Scion Xb, I went with Dynaudios, a McIntosh amp, and a Denon H/U ... and totally disconnected the rear speakers. Stereo should be in stereo, after all!

I have to say, I don't think the Si's stereo sounds that bad ... and the dash layout makes it a pain to alter. So I'm not bothering anything right now. But if I did, I'd be getting new fronts.

·
Registered
681 Posts
suorum said:
r u serious? :SHOCKED: :SHOCKED: Pioneer has been never a SQ speaker brand. Alpine is fine, but Pioneer is not good at all in this case. IMO of course.
I would stick to Type-R's
:iorun: hahaha revs will kill the alpines.. buy them and find out for yourself

1 - 12 of 12 Posts