8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in my 2006 Civic EX Coupe 5spd (white) for a 2008 Civic SI 6spd Sedan (black).

Got 13,000 on trade in, (32000 miles) owe 10,298.00 ~ lil less than 3000 to put down, plus another 1000 i threw in cash.

Overall, I paid 18,500.00 out the door with trade-in, 1000 down, taxes, titles, etc..

I don't think its too bad of a deal at all :dontknow:

---
Test drove the SI and wow this thing handles so much better than the EX around turns. Even after I upgraded the EX with SI front and rear sway bars. Granted the overal suspension setup is different on the SI, but the sway bars alone when put on the EX improved handling, but still nothing compared to the SI.

As far as performance, well its no EVO, but it is a little quicker than my EX coupe.

I think its a good upgrade considering i'm almost out of warranty as it is and my EX had literally 12 recalls and so many problems.

Picking the car up tomorrow. Definitely can't wait!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
only 13000 for the EX? that makes me nervous about doing the same upgrade you did...

anyways, congratulations on the Si!

:useless:

:wavey:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reelbigfish241 said:
only 13000 for the EX? that makes me nervous about doing the same upgrade you did...

anyways, congratulations on the Si!

:useless:

:wavey:

Yeah, but I also have 31,700 miles on the car! Not only that, but I bought the EX for 16,500 instead of the 18xxx sticker the day it first came out back in Oct 2005

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
unplugged said:
Yeah, but I also have 31,700 miles on the car! Not only that, but I bought the EX for 16,500 instead of the 18xxx sticker the day it first came out back in Oct 2005

ah, I see. Not bad of a loss at all then. nice.

how's the :vtec: feel? :laughing:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly, 16500 + tax + ~1000 paid in interest so far - owned for 2 yrs, put 31xxx miles, - i don't think its too bad especially with all the recalls and things they have to fix..lol

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, i'm getting the car tomorrow. But I got a call like an hour ago from another dealer saying they'll sell me a white SI coupe for 300 less if I want it. So now i'm not sure if I want a 4dr black SI or 2dr white SI

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Congradulations, If the black one was a 2dr, I'd say go with that one. But I prefer the 2dr over any 4dr any day. Even tho I have a 4dr. So, go with the white if it's not too late..

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the amount of times i take more than a friend is like 5%, the only reason why i considered a 4dr was so I can carry more stuff without me without having to use the trunk. And the fact that performance differences are so close, I figured why not a 4dr.

Tomorrow i'm gonna try for the coupe Si, and see if I get the same deal. otherwise its the 4dr in black.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts