8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered a new laptop which isnt here yet(another dell delay story) but when i ordered it i did a n-wireless card without even thinkin about it. just noticed to day. if ichange it they will cancel my order and send me to the back of the line already wiat over a month for this thing. my question is will the n-wireless card work work with my linksys g router? or do i have to go get a n router and will my xbox360 and ps3 work with a n

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
doug piston said:
i ordered a new laptop which isnt here yet(another dell delay story) but when i ordered it i did a n-wireless card without even thinkin about it. just noticed to day. if ichange it they will cancel my order and send me to the back of the line already wiat over a month for this thing. my question is will the n-wireless card work work with my linksys g router? or do i have to go get a n router and will my xbox360 and ps3 work with a n

in order to use wireless pre-n standard your wireless access point needs to be pre-n. how ever your laptop card supports, b,g, and n. so you will still be able to connect wirelessly to your home network, u just cant use the benefits of pre-n.
you xbox and ps3 does not support pre-n, but if you were to buy a pre-n router they can still connect using B/G or even A depending on your hardware.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
:yeahthat:

He nailed it !

I have the N card in my dell also...and currently using it on the G based router. No problems what so ever. :coffee:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.