8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the 3rd time in past 2 weeks, ill put the key in and it locks and wont turn, i gotta fidle with it for 10 minutes before it lets me...is something wrong with it or is it just me...car is a 2007 civic lx coupe

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill check for next time, i remember grabbing the wheel and it locked and started, im terrible with cars....im so dumb haha thanks for the help:thumb:

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
That happend to me one time in my 06 EX too! it wouldnt crank or turn over nothin i was just sitting in the car thinking what the hell could be causing this problem? within a few minutes a tried again and it turned over and started it was scary at first because i thought the car wasnt going to start and id have to have it towed to the dealer. My friend is having a serious problem with his brand new 07 CRV,he tells me his crv didnt start the other day either,his power door locks power everything didnt work and he had to get in the car manually. Other then that ive had no serious issues so far,although i did read other threads about hesitation when starting up normally or in cold or hot weather,it does start up very rough sometimes does yours have this problem too?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its starting to get cold here, ill start in go inside for 5 and let it warm up so i dont really listen, i will start to though

·
Registered
414 Posts
my 07 lx sedan has had some rough starts too like it has a dead battey but if i just try it again it starts fine

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
sounds like the sterring wheel lock....pat of teh anti-theft system.
caused by:if you try to turn the wheel without the key it, it will lock it in place and also not allow you to turn the key.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts