8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which color the starter wire is and which one is 12v constant under the steering wheel. I'm trying to install the s2000 push start button.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's Red White Blue Orange and Yellow.

I gave it a shot using my volt meter and it looks like Yellow is the starter, it was the only one that showed voltage during crank and no voltage elsewhere. I'm not sure if the white is a constant 12v since the other wires showed up 12v in IG2.

I put everything back together, so i'm hoping white is a constant 12v. Knowing Honda, white tends to be 12v constant.

I'll report back.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems i'm alone in this thread. But I used both the key to start the engine and it works fine, I also used the push start button and it starts fine. The Yellow wire can be cut if you don't want the key to stat the car anymore. Just use the 'harness-end' to the relay.

I took out my hazard button and replaced it with the push start. I'll have to figure a way to get the hazards to be able to work again. There's not much space in the EX, without drilling large holes that have enough room to slide the button all the way in.

It just adds to the 'cool' factor.

·
Registered
653 Posts
pics

Hey unplugged can you post some pics. I wanted to do this to mine and would like to see how it looks. Maybe a DIY write up if you have time?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CANMAN said:
Hey unplugged can you post some pics. I wanted to do this to mine and would like to see how it looks. Maybe a DIY write up if you have time?
alright, i'll get started on it and post it in a new thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts