8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my coil packs are not firing. I believe it may be from my ignition coil relay. I found the fuses, but the relays are unmarked under the hood, only marked by corresponding letters. I need to know which relay is my ignition coil relay. Maybe that is faulty on my car.

No it isn't my coil, as I switched it out with another known working one. The problem lies between the harness plug and the ecu.

Car is a 2011 Honda civic si.

Any other ideas on what it could be, would also be a great help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
The relay powers up all four coils, so if the relay were faulty none of the coils would work. They also share a common primary ground at G101. If you are sure the coil itself is working, you need to check the wiring between the coil and the relay/ground and ECM like you mentioned. ECM terminals C15-C18 for coils 1-4.

·
Registered
2010 Si sedan 86k for sale
59 Posts
One of my coil packs are not firing. I believe it may be from my ignition coil relay. I found the fuses, but the relays are unmarked under the hood, only marked by corresponding letters. I need to know which relay is my ignition coil relay. Maybe that is faulty on my car.

No it isn't my coil, as I switched it out with another known working one. The problem lies between the harness plug and the ecu.

Car is a 2011 Honda civic si.

Any other ideas on what it could be, would also be a great help.
Figure out what it was?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts