8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

It's about time that i change the ignition coil for my 2008 Honda Civic. Now looking at the options I have in the UK, it seems like there are a couple of brands on the market (some of which ive never heard of) with a huge gap in prices (ranging between £28 and £72 per coil) and to be honest I am in a bit of a struggle as to which one i should go for. Can anyone help with some recommendations? advice on brands and how much to pay?

the brands i've looked at so far are:-

Delphi
VEMO
NGK
metzger
BREMI
facet
meat&doria
Valeo

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Are you having problems with the coil packs? If not I would personally leave them alone. How many miles on the car? What about the spark plugs?

I would only use NGK or Denso for the spark plugs. I would prefer OEM for the coil packs but if that isn't an option I would pick NGK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@FuntanaS thanks for the info.

Yes...i'm having some problems with the coil. i assume this since i've already changed the spark plugs but still no joy. The engine misfire is getting on my nerves...

Mileage is now 130K. So i assume it should be the coil in that case.

I'll search for OEM as per your suggestion. Since i didn't find those earlier when i stated looking online. I might as well get myseld a pack of NGK plugs to go with it.

@CraigWhonestly not sure if they last for the whole life of the vehicle...i think what i'm experiencing is widely suggesting its the coil.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Is it a random misfire, or more specific ?? You could swap positions of the packs & look for changes in symptoms.

My long time Honda mechanic stated once of random misfire codes being due to needing a valve adjustment.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Is there a check engine light? Sometimes the code will tell you which cylinder it is. Or if it is bad enough the spark plug will look different than the rest.

What spark plugs are in it now? If they are not NGK or Denso I would definitely start there.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Figured I'd post this because I couldnt find it anywhere on here. The black wire out of coil packs go to ground g101 which is located on the back side of the motor... You know the side you cant really see... YAH!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts