8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to find a good alarm/remote start... if you have one installed on your SI please let me know which you have an how you like it

thanks!

i know the risks about installing on manual... please dont inform me about that here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a Audiovox APS997a it's a great alarm/remote start. It comes with a two way conferming remote that allows you to see whats going on with your car.It shows when the doors get opened, the trunk ,shock and you can see if your doors are locked or unlock so your not guessing if you locked it or not. The range on the remote is about 1500ft. The warrenty is great and very user friendly. That would be the alarm I would go with. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Try the DEI Python 990. This also has a two way conferming remote and has a 1 mile range on it. I have one of these installed on my car and I have to say I love it. I know it says 1 mile range, but I have started my car from 1.5 miles away. Here is a link to the site http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/products/990.html

This also carries a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser for parts and labor.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i really like the last 1, very expensive... tho
i was looking for something around 350.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have compustar 2W900FMR starter/alarm combo 3000ft range! works great! so nice for the cold days where I can start the car while eating breakfast and when I get to it, its already nice and warm

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
i have a viper 791 and i love it. its a little more than 350 though.mine was about 450 installed with a couple extras. but if you can install it, you can buy it for about 350ish.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Don't you guys ever worry about accidentally starting up your car? Like if you goto the mall or something, then suddenly you come back and your car won't start.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
nope, well on mine anyway, i have to push this auxillary button twice in order for it to work. plus on the fob you can see if it is started or not. and there is like a 10 min. timer on it too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts