8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have them and i had some issues with them not fitting right and also the visor sticking out on the inside which prevents the window from rolling up, or when you rolll the window up, you hear a loud noise as it clips the visor......but if u are having the same issue, hit me up and illl tell u how to fix....now it works great!

·
Registered
6,449 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well hell, alright ;-)

once u get the visors.....on each end, they are a bit too long.....so i just used scissors and cut like an 1/8-1/4 of an inch off (just make sure u dont cut off too much, if anything, just cut a bit off and cut more later if u need to). this is the part that slides into the front and back part of the window channel. and then before i removed the doublesided tape liner, i just mock inserted the visors to see if the cut was good enough to make it fit well. if not, just try cutting a bit more until the visor fits perfectly. as sad as it is, though it works great, but the visors do need a bit of prep.

and then also, on the back, interior part of the visors, the place where the window will first touch the visor when u are closing the window (by the door sill, seatbelt area)......that part is a bit too thick and it ends up clipping your window so sometimes ur window wont roll up unless u push the plastic part back.....so i just got some light sand paper and rounded the edge off and the window rolls up fine with no issues of the window getting stuck because the plastic is too thick.

it was the best way to describe it.....if you really need help, id be glad to talk to you over the phone about it.....so yeah, let me know.

i hope i was clear enough!

·
Registered
948 Posts
thank you so much.. this saved me. i bought the damn things a couple days ago and the driver side one gets caught every time

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have them and i had some issues with them not fitting right and also the visor sticking out on the inside which prevents the window from rolling up, or when you rolll the window up, you hear a loud noise as it clips the visor......but if u are having the same issue, hit me up and illl tell u how to fix....now it works great!
Just realized your post is almost 12 years old but I'll give it a shot. Any tips on trimming and sanding if they are already installed? Hitting the window in the rear bottom edge of the visor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just realized your post is almost 12 years old but I'll give it a shot. Any tips on trimming and sanding if they are already installed? Hitting the window in the rear bottom edge of the visor.
I know this thread is a bit old but did you have any luck? Im facing the same issue with already installed

·
Super Moderator
2,024 Posts
This is why I stay away from in-channel vent visors. They are ALL JUNK! (even the weathertech ones, those are crap) Just get the ones you stick onto door's window frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts