8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got spotted last night at 12:00 on the dot...by an Andover cop. Now I know I usually ***** about police pulling me over, but this is 100% different from what anyone would expect. He gave me a warning for a modified exhaust just like the last cop I was ranting about, but again this was 100% different from any experiences I had.

Even though he gave me a warning and ignored the truck who was blatantly speeding past him (and not to mention doing over 70 in a 40 a mile or so before!!!!) he came and followed me and me and my buddy looked over at each other and he knew at that point that all I was hearing in my head was funeral music. So when he pulled the lights he came up to the car and to my shock he was polite! He simply did what he was supposed to and asked for my license and registration. He asked me what kind of exhaust I had and when I said skunk2 his exact words were "Skunk2 is LOUD dude." Then he went back to his car.

As I waited for him to return and shove his nightstick in my rear end and start screaming at me I was thinking I can't afford this right now at all and I was doing 20 mph at the time, but I did shift from 2nd to 5th when I saw him....only making the exhaust LOUDER instead of quieter if I had picked a more appropriate gear. My bad 100%. Then the cop comes back and tells me that he is not giving me a ticket, just a warning and that he himself drives an si!!! He did tell me that it was a major cop magnet which I of course knew. I am pretty sure that even with an exhaust as quiet as a prius, my car is still a cop magnet.

Anyway we were talking about my mods and I feel REALLY bad because he asked if I had nitrous and I said no, which is not true because I do have a system installed, but in all honesty the tank is totally empty and sitting in my room, and the system is not in a state where it can be used. I have some issues that I need to fix before I will be spraying again. I just feel really bad about lying to him since he was so nice and polite and just doing his job (the RIGHT way). I did tell him I had an intake and exhaust. I guess I just lied because I was scared to death and every cop I have ever dealt with has always treated me like a criminal before I could even speak to them, no matter what I was pulled over for, or even if I talk to a cop when I'm not driving they have ALWAYS treated me poorly usually without reason, but not always. I am not claiming to be a saint, but I do get **** when it is not deserved as well as when it is.

Anyway he talked to me about the track and I told him my rather embarrassing times that I have ran and told him that I don't race on the street and only the track and we talked about the legality of my exhaust. And he told me I should change the exhaust, but I definitely need to keep my foot out of it. He even told me that there were some better flowing exhausts I could get that aren't as loud (I don't think so personally I'd love to see those dynos....lol, but either way I really love the way my car sounds with the skunk2 so I wouldn't want to switch unless it was my last resort. ) He also quickly mentioned the Hondata reflash and then sent me on my merry way.

Now you may wonder why the hell I would post this, and the answer is simple. This one man has restored my faith in police officers. Well some of them anyway, which is a big step because a lot of you remember my posts bashing the cops who have treated me like a felon just for driving my car BELOW the speed limit. I still think it is disgusting that I had to write a novel just because of a police officer who was doing his job correctly, that should ALWAYS be the case. Either way this officer was a perfect example of how a police officer should act. He was courteous and actually listened to me. In the past I have been pulled over with the first words coming out of the cops mouth being "what the **** is wrong with you" and "get the **** out of that god damn car!!!" Both of those are 100% direct quotes that police officers have said to me. Once for doing 10 below the speed limit (received a ticket for doing 15 over...won it in court because he couldn't be bothered to show up.) The other was also for my exhaust. Even if this particular officer decided to give me a ticket instead of a warning I would not have hated his guts when he drove away. Just the way he seemed like a human being not a Nazi-like robot out to find trouble meant so much to me. I will be personally writing a letter to this officer and letting him know how much I appreciate the way he acted.

I bet no one saw that coming from me right?

Mods I think it is easy to see that this is in no way a cop bashing thread. I myself am very guilty of bashing police officers on this site, but this officer has really changed my life. I will not assume that they are all jerks. This one officer pulling me over restored my faith that there are still some good cops out there. I mean for Christ's sake he even drove an si! Clearly they aren't ALL tight asses, I guess I just have had the worst luck ever. This honestly is the first nice cop I have ever met, and I am 20 years old. While that says pathetic things about the current state of things...don't hate them all by default. I was expecting an ******* and I got one of the nicest people I have met. I legit feel like I want to get in touch with him and ask him to come to the track with me next time I go when it opens for the year. Just gunna make sure I follow him up on the highway haha.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Care to explain WTF it is that I am looking at?

I'm sure its a funny joke but I don't get it...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I got pulled over for eating a red light here in Nyc.. The cops made me and my friends all get out of the car searched everything in the car and patted us all down in the middle of alot of traffic (they do that alot here) and then told me im good to go... no ticket.. i was like wtf?!?! how is he not giving me a ticket... then he runs back to my car and asks me where i got my shift knob... cause he has a Habi 4 Door lol... i was like OReally? :eek:hsnap:

·
Premium Member
26,381 Posts
That's an awesome story, darkrom!

I got pulled over for eating a red light here in Nyc.. The cops made me and my friends all get out of the car searched everything in the car and patted us all down in the middle of alot of traffic (they do that alot here) and then told me im good to go... no ticket.. i was like wtf?!?! how is he not giving me a ticket... then he runs back to my car and asks me where i got my shift know... cause he has a Habi 4 Door lol... i was like OReally? :eek:hsnap:
:wheee:

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's an awesome story, darkrom!
Thank you. I am so glad that I can have a positive police story to tell instead of the numerous negative ones that I was stuck with before. This cop was so nice to me that I really will be asking him to come to the track. He was THAT friendly and approachable.

He was younger too...go figure haha. Then again some of the cops that were the meanest to me were incredibly young as well...so I guess that comment is useless.

I will just pretend my backspace key is broken. Deleting is so last year.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the picture of the wall... is likely meaning that your OP is a wall (or sea) of text. Paragraphs would serve i well.

... but i read it in the MA spotted thread

Nice haha. It was a sea of text but 1 I just took my adderal and 2 it is an incredibly important story to me.

I agree though...formatting would have been helpful.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh and the reason its in both sections is because I WAS spotted by an si driver, but at the same time this is really a serious story to me mods. A lot of you have warned me in the past about my bad attitude to cops, so I think this is important. Before I wasn't just being a jackass, I really did feel like they were all terrible people. I just wanted to share with everyone else who might feel like I used to that we are wrong. There are still some good cops out there, and more so there are some GREAT cops out there.

No one will ever be able to say how many good cops vs bad cops vs even CORRUPT cops there are, but it is important to realize that they are not all evil, and just like I want them to be totally neutral and unbiased about me, we still need to remember that no matter how many cops treat you like **** you need to stay unbiased as well. You never know you could very well get the guy who is going to look for problems and try to make your life as miserable as possible just because he is having a bad day or whatever, but then on the flip side you could get one like the one I got.

Hopefully the mods will allow it to stay in both sections, since I didn't create a separate thread for it in the North East, I just added it to the spotted forum.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just go in and throw some line breaks in it, itll be much easier on the eyes
God damn you making me do things...

jk I'll see if I can do that right now before I leave to hopefully not get pulled over for being loud :readtherules:

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Edited for those of you who like your eyeballs...just don't expect me to do it in the spotted thread haha! I will after work I guess lol.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Local cops IMO tend to be more lenient and cool, at least from my experience. It's the michigan state troopers that tend to act like the SS :shadyhat:

I've gotten a warning from a city cop because vibrant header + exhaust kinda gets a bit loud.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
You should have gotten his name and badge number and called to commend him of his great work and respect of its citizens. I would because I like good and honest people be commended for their awesome job.

Think that his other douchebag co-workers are writting more tickets and getting more praise for doing a "good" job cleaning up the streets.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is nitrous illegal in MA?
Did you tell him about 8thcivic?
It is illegal to have the bottle screwed in, I just got really nervous. I would do anything to go back in time and tell him yes I do have nitrous, because the bottle was empty and not connected. He really deserved a fair answer on that even though TECHNICALLY I didn't have a usable nitrous setup. I still wish I was more honest about it and told him exactly that. I was just so nervous because I have bad anxiety and a bad history of luck with cops.

I didn't mention 8thcivic, but I will certainly be sending him an email to thank him. I will mention it then. If the general station email doesn't answer my request for his private email address then I will be calling him up or better still visiting the station to hand deliver a letter for him.

I hope he is already a member, but if not he already knows about the hondata reflash and skunk2 by name and such, so who knows.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts