8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 08 Si, doesn't even have 400 miles on it yet and i am getting the itch to do something to it. What would you guys recommend. I only have about $300 or so to spend.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
gas so you can drive it to break the engine in lol

but if you really want, get some better tires. or megan bracings

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so which one is going to give me the most power. Or should i get x intake now and get a better header like bcrh in the future.

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
300 bucks? hmmm....
performance mods near or under 300...
X's intake (300)

DC race header (300ish)

or...
hollow out your airbox (free), K&N drop-in filter (45 at autozone), P2R throttle body spacer + 2 throttle body gaskets (100 shipped from Excelerate or 103 shipped from corsport), + P2R/Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket (45ish from corsport or excelerate)
total- 190

switch your MTF over to amsoil- you will notice a difference in shifting. cost will be 19 or 20 bucks (plus the pump you'll need, you can get it from autozone for 5)
corsport shifter bushings (30)
progress rear sway bar (155, corsport)
total- 210

Eibach Pro/Sportline Springs (220ish)

Corsport stainless steel brake lines (100)

Ingalls front camber kit (bolts) (35)

rear camber arms (250)

that's a lot of options. short of saving up for a hi-flow cat/race header or an exhaust, here's what I would do:

P2R spacer + gaskets (100)
P2R IMG (45)
Corsport shifter bushings (30)
drop-in filter + hollowed airbox (45)
amsoil synthetic synchromesh manual transmission fluid 5W-30 weight (plus the pump to get it into your car, 25)
front camber bolts (30)

total- 270

this would be the first step, but it sets you up nicely to go anywhere. of course, you don't have to do any of that, but enjoy the options.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
dc or intake.

·
Registered
508 Posts
get an axle-back i got hfp and love it now i need something even more louder, i am addicted. SI sound so mean when its loud

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
axle back is a big waste of money

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all the option so far sound great. I think i either want to get and intake or the header, but i just can't decide which one. My ultimate goal is 210 ish to the wheels na, until i can afford a supercharger. I just want to do things right. I am the kind of person who would rather by the right parts first and if i can't afford the right parts then i will wait. I am just itching to put something on it. Its a sickness i think... lol

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
cut out the little ridges in it.

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
NJ-SIsedan said:
umm. how do you hollow out your airbox? does this mean just taking out the stock filter?
no. I would not recommend removing the filter element entirely.\

here's a hollowed airbox that isn't entirely done. should be sanded down another time to be totally smooth (although I highly doubt it will make that much difference- hondata made power without even sanding the airbox they hollowed out on a DC5)

whatever you do, don't mess with the MAF sensor vanes you can see in the below picture... they are there for a reason.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts