Would you have bought:

Civic Si?

Mazda MazdaSpeed3?

A Cobalt SS/SC?

A VW GTI?

Nissan SE-R Spec V?

Subaru WRX?

======

My answer: I considered all of them (I need four doors for a family). I bought--yes, you guess it: an Si. Well, we're vacationing near Puerto Vallarta now with the money I have left over in February, and possibly again the year after... :D ... oh and I just put on mah Vibrant w/cat... w00t...

Love,
io

P.S. Emphasis added for 'have', as in 'would have', 'could have', not fercrissake, 'would of' or 'could of'... bad grammar ftl!!!

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
At 25k, you can probably get an Si right out of the dealer with HPF Wheels, Suspension, and big brakes. If I can turn back time, I would have gone that route.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Now that I have the SI, I'd probably look into the WRX a bit more since I'm disappointed with how some things have played out in the Civic. MS3 would always be at the top of my list, but with the nearest dealership over an hour away, I would never get it.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
I also did have $25K and bought the Si, after demoing the Speed3 and previously owning a GTI. Really would have considered the WRX until the new body style though.....

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A Honda CR-V EX.

Or a nicely loaded Accord EX coupe.
Very interesting choice... Thought of that too recently, but I like agility on the roads too much-- all those Southern Californians and desert folk don't seem to know how to drive in the rain... hehe... j/k.

·
Registered
192 Posts
How about a 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE ($24,970)?
24,970 for the 3.5 :laughing:

Not that you couldn't find it but it'd be hard. Nissan is distributing them terribly imo.

Hard to find one that is not automatic and without all the bells and whistles. And they are not really willing to budge on the price so more like $31,000 - 34,000.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i would have gone with the si still....i like the wrx..but the new body is ugly..not a fan of hatchbacks...

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
For 25k, I still would have gotten an Si. The others are nice cars, but not everything that I like. The Mazdaspeed 3 is great, but its fuel economy is poor. The Nissan is butt ugly. I would never consider a Cobalt SS because of the extremely poor quality. Same goes for the GTi. Had two VW's and am tired of cheap plastic that is flimsy and breaks so easily. A WRX would probably be my first choice, but I don't like the new styling and the fuel economy is similar to that of the Mazdaspeed 3.

For 25k, I would do as I have done already: Mod the car.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
id buy a used EP3...and use that as my daily driver.

and donate the rest of the money to Under-Developed countries.

but anyways... id get the Si everytime.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
With family? GTI. The 5 door hatch would have been perfect. But, I digress, if I was in the same position as when I bought my car, I 95% would still go with the Si. I think I've outgrown the "power craze", and just want a car that drives well. :)

I would seriously look at the GTi though. Mazda, I'd look at, then probably walk past the MS3, head to the MX-5's, and want that more.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts