• Unsure

Votes: 44 15.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching, but the terms are too generic. Hopefully this hasn't already been covered.

The question is, now that you've been exposed to all the issues - rattles, third gear, interior scratching, rock chips (paint), DBW, second gear grinds, suspension popping, would you buy the 6th Gen Si again (notice this is only addressing the Si!)?

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Yodums said:
The Honda Civic is on its 8th generation.

The Si sport trim is on its 6th generation.

This poll is exclusive to Si owners.
Ah, ok. Well then yes, I'd buy another one. White please.

·
Banned
440 Posts
I would.

No, it's not the fastest. Interior needs work, paint isn't the greatest. But it more than makes up for those things with how awesome it is :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've gotta say i would have looked harder @ the GTI. That's comparing cars STOCK. There is no way to tell what will be avalible in the aftermarket for these cars. I was just banking that the civic would have more.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had my old Si for 3&1/2 months (Apr 07 to July 07), mine had a few issues like most of yours. Then the car got totaled in an accident, but I had new car replacement insurance so I got full cost back. I had the choice of getting another civic or putting that money towards another car... I get my new Fiji Blue Si on Sunday. That should tell you my response to this thread. :vtec:

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I dont THINK i would. its not because of the paint, its not cause of rattles, its not cause of DBW, its not cause of third gear, or suspension popping....

its because of the cheap interior materials and the lack of torque. I like to keep my things looking new, with the interior of this car its so hard. No matter how clean the interior is the signs of wear and tear or showing way to early..... the seats fade like a $2 black shirt and the plastics scuffs if you sneeze next to them......

The torque issue isnt Honda's fault since they dont build torquey motors... but i didnt know that i would be so annoyed by the little 139lbs torque this car has. I dont speed much but i love stomping the gas to pass someone or get around the city etc.... I sometimes get annoyed that I have to basically redline the engine to have a little fun....

anyway next time i purchase a car i will think more about the cars individual specs instead of popularity and "reliability". My next car will either be a turbo 4 banger or a six cylinder

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
all listed "issues" occur slightly if at all in my Si, so yes, i would definetely buy this car again, and in the same color.

PS: interior scuff less over time and all scuffs wipe off. i don't think my car is an isolated case.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
yeah, AA protectant takes care of scuffs, but not scratches to the silvery plastic. but its still good.

def do this again.

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
I love my car and I do not regret buying it one bit. But if anything happens to it in the next year and a half, I do not intend to replace it with another SI. I would get a beater, pay cash and drive that until September 1, 2009.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
xmx250 said:
. I dont speed much but i love stomping the gas to pass someone or get around the city etc.... I sometimes get annoyed that I have to basically redline the engine to have a little fun....
? if you cant pass people using 4000-5500 RPM...i dont know how people drive around your area. now i suppose if you were in a normal engine, you would be basically redline but not in an Si..

P.S. the GTi makes the same power 4000 RPM below RL than the Si does.

·
Registered
142 Posts
e60.deluxe said:
P.S. the GTi makes the same power 4000 RPM below RL than the Si does.

It's the low end grunt that the GTI has though. Trust me i test drove both, decided i didn't like the dealership. Got impatient and went with what i knew.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts