8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thoroughly impressed with my Si. But I just had a thought today, if Honda produced a rwd Si that would be sweet. It would give us better front/rear weight balance, it would divide the work load; front wheels steer, rear wheels drive and just making it that much more fun to drive. It would almost be a 4dr S2000. I'd be first in line to purchase one.:thumb:

Lexus does it, Infiniti does it. Why can't Honda?

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
I'm thoroughly impressed with my Si. But I just had a thought today, if Honda produced a rwd Si that would be sweet. It would give us better front/rear weight balance, it would divide the work load; front wheels steer, rear wheels drive and just making it that much more fun to drive. It would almost be a 4dr S2000. I'd be first in line to purchase one.:thumb:

Lexus does it, Infiniti does it. Why can't Honda?
And so does MB, BMW but that's because those are luxury companies. Look at Toyota and Mazda, where is their RWD sedan? Also the CIVIC is a ecobox car, not really meant towards performance. However the Si just has some "performance spice" to it. Now the S2000 was made for performance. The S2000 is being replaced with some type of V6 coupe variable, which will suck. The Acura TSX might be going AWD...

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Mazda RX-8 = RWD, it's kinda of a sedan, lol...

Also this is just a stupid thread, Honda is not going to make a RWD Civic ever, they are largely a FWD company, wish in one hand and **** in the other, see which fills up first.

Reactions: TOMMIELOEKO

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I'm just telling the truth, all the the "If Honda did this or that" threads are getting old. I remember the big thread over a year ago about Whether Honda should make an Automatic Si or not, so stupid.

Reactions: rmfa

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
And so does MB, BMW but that's because those are luxury companies. Look at Toyota and Mazda, where is their RWD sedan? Also the CIVIC is a ecobox car, not really meant towards performance. However the Si just has some "performance spice" to it. Now the S2000 was made for performance. The S2000 is being replaced with some type of V6 coupe variable, which will suck. The Acura TSX might be going AWD...
I would agree with the ecobox comment back in the early 2000's. Now the fit seems to be taking that place. Think about how much bigger the civic has gotten. A RWD civic would be nice but wouldn't that also jack up the price?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Honda should put a turret on the civic sedan. That way you could mount a crew serve weapon on there and clear the roads. You don't have to be fast when there's no one around to race.......

·
Registered
494 Posts
It would have to have ~25% More horsepower or it would be slower than the current civic.
I've gotta call you on that one. Comparing the FWD Civic Si Sedan and the RWD S2000 and I see that the S2K has a 2.7% weight advantage and a 17% power advantage. However, based upon your post, the Si should still beat the S2K by a reasonable margin. Yes, no?

FWIW, I'm thinking that a stock S2K will absolutely smoke a stock Si Sedan.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm just telling the truth, all the the "If Honda did this or that" threads are getting old. I remember the big thread over a year ago about Whether Honda should make an Automatic Si or not, so stupid.
Tell the truth all you want, there is no need to debase this thread with foul language just because you think differently than some of the rest of us. By the way, I agree, an Si with an automatic is stupid. :biggrin:

·
Registered
88 Posts
rwd civic

a rear wheel drive civic would be great how ever if you have a need for constant drifting or if you are on the drag constantly it would be ideal, the civic si is a complete autocross car it sits on a high rev for quick bursts of speed and with the front wheels pulling through a turn you have a greater jump out. and as for it being a eco box car thats completely out of the question....

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Tell the truth all you want, there is no need to debase this thread with foul language just because you think differently than some of the rest of us. By the way, I agree, an Si with an automatic is stupid. :biggrin:
I was using it in a metaphor, It was not directed towards the op..

Reactions: shipo

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I completely agree. They are such a waste of everyone's time. Who cares what YOU think Honda should or shouldn't do? Its NOT going to change ANYTHING. :SHOCKED:

btw: Enjoy those rep points... +1

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Mazda RX-8 = RWD, it's kinda of a sedan, lol...

Also this is just a stupid thread, Honda is not going to make a RWD Civic ever, they are largely a FWD company, wish in one hand and **** in the other, see which fills up first.
Agreed.

Why would Honda ever make a RWD civic? It wouldn't be a civic then. A civic is Honda's answer to the FWD compact economy car bracket. The Si is their underpowered sport compact version.

Why don't you guys wish for other things that the civic will never get while you're at it.

Oh yeah, V10 twin turbo AWD targa top supercar civic!! Why doesn't Honda do that? I know I'll buy it. :eek:hnoes:

And on another note..
I wouldn't want the added weight and fuel consumption of FWD biased AWD system to crap up my Si.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts