8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I didn't have Bad Luck, I wouldnt have any luck at all !

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum but have been lurking for some time.
This is a tremendous place so it was really time for me to register.

Anyway, I am a Honda guy all day long.
I have a 2005 CRV, Just sold a Honda Shadow and Recently (Aug) picked up a 2007 Honda Civic LX Sedan. I absolutely love it.

So, I am driving home from work at 5am one morning ....
It was dark out and I am doing about 120km/hr down a freeway (401).
I am cruising down the fast lane and before my headlights can light it up, I run over a Truck Tire (retread). It was just sitting in my lane.
It hit the front bumper (knocking it off), got kicked up under my fender, hit my front door, went under my rocker panel.

I got out and looked at the damage .... enough to make a grown man cry.
The car only had 4000km on it. Less then a month old.

Took it to the dealership and ......... $5600 damage !

I just got it back and although it looks pretty good, I will always know it was damaged. (Kinda like a girl who cheats on you and you take her back)
They used some filler in the front door panel and i can still see it at the right angle.

I will post some pics of the damage if i can get them from the Ins company.
After pics will definately get posted.

I know ... I suck !

·
Registered
73 Posts
damn that sucks dude, i feel ya i ran over some thin metal sheets on the freeway 710 when my car was still new 600miles on it. metal sheets just fell of a semi and i couldnt avoid it i was inbetween a another semi and a van so i just had to take it....

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
masrik said:
(Kinda like a girl who cheats on you and you take her back)QUOTE]

LOL's classic...

ps...no you don't suck...glad your ok to even mention what happened. take pics so we can see how it looks now that it's fixed. :thumb:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will post pics soon ... Hopefully it will stop being so gloomy and rainy here and i can wash my princess all pretty !

·
Premium Member
112,534 Posts
So may I ask why did you take her back?

lol. J/k.

That sucks i know how it feels i hit a cardboard box my first day and i still have the scratch on my bumber.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All i can say is KEEP YOUR EYE OUT FOR TRUCK TIRES ...
They seem to be a real problem in Ontario.
When i reported the accident to police, they were very uninterested and said, there are Truck Tires all over the highway and it happens everyday.

Nice !

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
ya man, I was able to manuever around a tire recently.. It was the whole thing though not just the tread...

·
Registered
184 Posts
i hit one of those small construction lights 2 weeks ago...the estimate is 1700, bumper, lip, fender, quaterpanel and i dont think im going to fix it....sigh...im an idiot

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like the slightest impact can cause lots of $$$$ damage.
As a co-worker of mine put it ... "the damage is 1/4 of what your car is worth".

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sucks to hear that .

Retreaded tires should be illegal . they are a ticking bomb waiting to explode at any moment.

Btw how dark is your tint(%) ? ( looking to get the same darkness )

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
hey welcome to the site. i heard about truck tires b4. but i never really came across one. but then i was taught when driving near trucks to not drive behind them or to just speed up and cut them. but sorry to hear about your car and nice to hear that you got it fixed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts