8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had popping-up noise from the front driver's side suspension. I took it to the dealer and they replaced both sides. When I took it to the dealer, I told them, I had strut problem and idle rpm vibration problem.

I show them popping-up noise by driving to the right (driver's side was bad), they fixed it and was under warranty.

I show them how seriously my car shakes when it's idle rpm.
I open the door and show them how badly the door shakes, and exhaust pipe shakes. No luck, they said it's TOTALLY NORMAL. and reset my idle rpm to 700 but is not really help at all.

Anyone who was able to fix this issues?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I had popping-up noise from the front driver's side suspension. I took it to the dealer and they replaced both sides. When I took it to the dealer, I told them, I had strut problem and idle rpm vibration problem.

I show them popping-up noise by driving to the right (driver's side was bad), they fixed it and was under warranty.

I show them how seriously my car shakes when it's idle rpm.
I open the door and show them how badly the door shakes, and exhaust pipe shakes. No luck, they said it's TOTALLY NORMAL. and reset my idle rpm to 700 but is not really help at all.

Anyone who was able to fix this issues?
may or may not be the case but when my clutch spring retainer broke and the piece was binding with the flywheel, it would sometimes fall out of the way and idle real high for a moment then it would almost want to stall.. are you having any probs shifting and how many miles on the car?...a rough idle can be so many dif things, a friend of mine has an 06 si and 2 of the injectors went bad at 2700 miles barely broken in and bad injectors..one dealer said he used bad gas and another honda dealer replaced them and it turned out to be a bad ECU..so maybe try a different dealership..also what mods are on the car if any?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
My front strut area makes noise at low speed. That's the only time you car hear it. It creeks which isn't right. The only other time I can hear it is if the car is off and I stand n the door jam and bounce a little. The passenger side does not do it at all. Is this the same problem you had? They replaced your struts?

·
Registered
356 Posts
wow that sounds like my si to the tee...i actually took mine in 2 weeks ago for the same thing. I was backing out of a parking spot and glanced at my guages and the cel blinked like 3 or 4 times then shut right off. i took it to honda and they scanned the ecu for codes but none were stored. it idles rough sometimes and even sounds like its put-tin out the exhaust. honda said its fine. f*** it when it blows up they have record i brought it in. They replaced both bump stops but sometimes when i come to a stop or take off i'll here a *dunngg**. oh well still got 4 years of warranty left lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
i dont know if this is same as op's problem, but pasenger's side suspension kept on making noise since about 2 weeks ago.. i have a feeling it might have to do with my strut...but it was making this annoying rattling noise... drove for 30 mts and it went away... my 04 hatch i used to have also had strut problem...seems honda made 'em kinda week...:/

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Mine makes it basically as I coast. The slightest little unevenness in the road makes it squeak. It sounds like rubber squeaking. I wouldn't be surprised if they said they looked at it and adjusted the suspension set ( i.e. sprayed WD40 on the bushings)

I'm calling tomorrow so I'll update when I hear from them.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I don't have the suspension issue but you explained the idle shaking to a T.

I had it serviced at honda (just general maintenance) and in the meantime told them to check my shakey idle and they just blamed it on my fujita SRI. The needle doesn't shake just my exhaust burbles, hiccups and shakes but the car drives fine so meeh

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I'm going in Thursday. He said there are no TSB's that he knows of. If someone can help me find the one that was posted, I;d like to bring it with me. He said it will take about 2 hours to locate the problem...of they are able to replicate it. I'm going to help him and tell him to kneel down by the wheel, I will rock the car back and forth. Does it everytime. Today coming home was actually very Fing annoying.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
guys, have your dealership re-torque ALL the bolts in your suspension in the front of your car. i just had the noise you're hearing fixed last week. there is a bolt that connects the suspension to the cradle( on both sides) that holds the engine up; that bolt comes loose and needs to be re-torqued. i don't know why it seems to happen to the driver's side for everyone but is fine now. if you don't know what i'm talking about let me know and i'll take a picture of it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine makes it basically as I coast. The slightest little unevenness in the road makes it squeak. It sounds like rubber squeaking. I wouldn't be surprised if they said they looked at it and adjusted the suspension set ( i.e. sprayed WD40 on the bushings)

I'm calling tomorrow so I'll update when I hear from them.
Bad strut

Alot on here have the problem.

I did as well and had it replaced under warranty two weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
YEah, I went today. He is ordering it and I have to go back tomorrow. He said they have already replaced them on two other cars.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't have the suspension issue but you explained the idle shaking to a T.

I had it serviced at honda (just general maintenance) and in the meantime told them to check my shakey idle and they just blamed it on my fujita SRI. The needle doesn't shake just my exhaust burbles, hiccups and shakes but the car drives fine so meeh
Same prob here to, 07 si w/ 30K. The needle doesn't move, but the idle feels like it is missing a beat, shaky.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Well, back in February I got my front left strut replaced under warranty for squeaking at low speeds. Now June and the replaced one is starting to squeak. Anyone else?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts