8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Idle problems please help

351 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  AaronN20
So I’ve got a 6speed 06 Honda civic si coupe, and it’s been having some idling problems. When ever it’s in neutral and drops down so far in rpm usually around 600 it almost stalls out and jumps back up to about 1k-1.1k then drops back down overtime, it also does it when your in neutral and rev it to about 4k and the rpm’s will drop down to almost stalling then jump back up it sometimes will stall after revving. So me and my friends thought it could be spark plugs or maybe the pcv valve, maybe it’s not getting enough air so we thought it could be the intake. So I’ve checked spark plugs they were good, I’ve checked the pcv valve it’s good I’m not sure what the problem could be if anyone could help me it would be amazing.

I’ve got videos of it they are just too big to post on here.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Did you check for a vacuum leak? ...either on the intake side or exhaust side?
So I’ve got a 6speed 06 Honda civic si coupe, and it’s been having some idling problems. When ever it’s in neutral and drops down so far in rpm usually around 600 it almost stalls out and jumps back up to about 1k-1.1k then drops back down overtime, it also does it when your in neutral and rev it to about 4k and the rpm’s will drop down to almost stalling then jump back up it sometimes will stall after revving. So me and my friends thought it could be spark plugs or maybe the pcv valve, maybe it’s not getting enough air so we thought it could be the intake. So I’ve checked spark plugs they were good, I’ve checked the pcv valve it’s good I’m not sure what the problem could be if anyone could help me it would be amazing. I’ve got videos of it they are just too big to post on here.
So I’ve got a 6speed 06 Honda civic si coupe, and it’s been having some idling problems. When ever it’s in neutral and drops down so far in rpm usually around 600 it almost stalls out and jumps back up to about 1k-1.1k then drops back down overtime, it also does it when your in neutral and rev it to about 4k and the rpm’s will drop down to almost stalling then jump back up it sometimes will stall after revving. So me and my friends thought it could be spark plugs or maybe the pcv valve, maybe it’s not getting enough air so we thought it could be the intake. So I’ve checked spark plugs they were good, I’ve checked the pcv valve it’s good I’m not sure what the problem could be if anyone could help me it would be amazing. I’ve got videos of it they are just too big to post on here.
Did you check for a vacuum leak? ...either on the intake side or exhaust side?
I can go take a look, I just posted a picture of the engine bay under the description.
When u say it’s in neutral, is that with shift lever in neutral or is that with the clutch engaged and the shift lever still in gear (1-6)
Had an 09 with a similar issue
The clutch was going and not fully disengaging the the transmission from the engine.
Clutch replaced no more Issues.
When u say it’s in neutral, is that with shift lever in neutral or is that with the clutch engaged and the shift lever still in gear (1-6)
Had an 09 with a similar issue
The clutch was going and not fully disengaging the the transmission from the engine.
Clutch replaced no more Issues.
with the shift lever in neutral, but I also just replaced the clutch, and I found out my belt tensioner is loose so I think that might be the problem
1 - 5 of 5 Posts