8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so first off i looked around on the site and i couldnt find a thread, so if there is one im sorry. but yea basically my car idles real low when its warmed up and whenever i drop it into neutral (i have stick shift) the rpm instead of dropping and stopping at around 750, it goes real low to olike 450-500 and almost stalls out because its going so low... now i know why this is happening, because i disconnected my battery, but i dont know how to do the procedure.. so if there's any tech's out there or anyone that knows specifically to do an Idle Learn Procedure on a 2006 honda civic ex sedan with manual transmission that would be great. thanks alot

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I have the same problem, do you have an intake? because thats what I thought the problem was, but it might be the battery like you mentioned. I will have to check tomorrow when I get off work

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no intake... i know why it happens i just dont know how to fix it... theres a list somewhere on google if u search for it, and one of them was if u disconnect or replace the battery the ecu has to relearn it

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
unplug battery..step on brake for a few seconds..then plug battery in..usually i do it till the radio cant work till i enter my code
i have the same problem but i do have a intake if i do this will this solve the problem

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
this is starting to piss me off, i have no clue what to do to make my idle normal again.. my intake was a little lose so i fixed it, but my rpms are the same. Do i have to do something in order for them to raise and stay that way?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.