8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before someone tells me to do some research, I've done plenty of searches on the forum already with no avail to solving my issue.

My idle is fluctuating and my car keeps revving by itself. I've tried no tune, stock tune, base map, live tuning, cleaning my TB, trouble shooted my intake part by part, etc.

I'm running out of ideas on how else to fix this issue. The only thing I haven't tried yet is either resetting my TPS (disconnecting the battery doesn't reset that) or manually adjusting my TB.

Any advice?

·
Registered
110 Posts
All jokes aside, you may have a vacuum leak somewhere. That can cause sporadic idle, you should definitely run the correct CTE tune for the pulley you're using.

It could also be a lack of fuel that causes the idle to bounce up and down. If you have a flashpro check the 02 sensor reading.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You need to take your car to a tuner to have a proper tune applied for your setup. It sounds like it’s running decent other than idle fluctuation. I don’t feel your map sensor is playing nice with current air cfm. Is your car able to sustain some driveability to relocate to tuner?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your inputs. I fixed it some time ago but forgot to revisit this thread. It turns out when i placed the blower on the manifold, it didn't sit right (i.e the o-ring / seal wasn't positioned correctly). I had to unbolt it and rebolt it to a natural fit. It's all good and running now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts