8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Ideas for Si just bought

817 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BRIANxJDM 
#1 ·
Just bought an 07 Galaxy Gray Si sedan, lovingly maintained by original owner who traded it for a new VW GTI. I saw the car driven in as I was picking up our 06 TSX from service, asked to drive it, bought it before dealer washed it.
So far...Wow! The exhaust note is sweet, steering precise, car feels like a roomy Miata with 4 doors. Similar to but much better than the 1989 Integra hatch I bought new and drove for 10 years.
Compared to TSX...Love them both, but totally different. Si sedan is a lighter car, more controlled taut suspension, steering cuts more sharply, overall more interior noise, more road noise, much more of a tuner feel, that sweet exhaust, better visibility and more airy interior. Miss the heated power seats--the Si seats are great but not as flexible in adjustments. 6-speed is a little notchy in 3rd and going into 5th, a problem I saw in other threads. Also notice huge advantage of TSX HID headlights over Si lamps.
Questions
What to watch out for? Maintenance suggestions? Would anyone recommend fixes for the headlights? Honda accessory fog lights?
Original owner installed accessory mud guards, trunk cargo net, and red-stitched shift boot, otherwise full stock. Any other must-haves?
Like the site, love the car.

See less See more
#3 ·
You can easily fix the situation with the headlights....get retrofitted headlights by customlightz if you want to pay for them. End result....

Oem fogs are ok but I have gotten used to my retro fogs and they are much more functional. As far as must haves, that depends on you. There is quite a bit you can do with the car as far as modifications such as intake, header, exhaust, flash pro, ect
Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.