8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now i have two 3000 watts each subwoofers and it sounds awesome ... i love how when i pass by cars and the alarms goes on but there is one problem when the subwoofer is running there is soo much sound in the trunk that everything is shaking and it makes lots of sound, i looked over it and i think its the 3rd brake light that touches the rear mirror and vibrates .... ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW I CAN MAKE THIS STOP?

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
Yeah, that's going to happen with any high powered system, try putting something like dynamat between the light and the window, felt might be able to do it, it'll still shake just not make an annoying sound.

1,200 Posts
I stuck some old socks in between the rear shelf and the glass and I also stuck some socks inside the trunk liner. Works awesome but that was for 2 kicker 12's with a 1000 watt amp...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guys its still making few more sounds but it improved a lot i think its the trunk and the license plate now

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm running 2 JL W3's with a 1000 watt amp and I've used dynamat on my whole trunk, it doesn't work that well. What I used to stop the rattle was to take off the paneling over the rear deck that covers the speakers and put some foam (like the stuff in sofa's) underneath it. Also go in from the trunk and stuff some foam where the plug for the 3rd brake light is. It worked like a charm for me

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of what they did? I've had my car for over 5 years now, and just after 4 years my rear deck is now rattling way more then before. I turned down my subs to the lowest level and it still rattles. It's actually really annoying and I'm basically at the point to do anything to fix this. I was thinking dynomat but this socks idea sounds cheaper along with a better result.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts