8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I were you.

During a recent press drive for the Euro-market Honda Civic Type R (which resulted in this month’s WR cover story), our European Editor, Matt Davis, caught some heavy hints that a variant of the Honda Civic Type R is indeed headed Stateside in 2010.

Though the assistant chief engineer from Tochigi was loath to talk specifics, the plan is to offer a package in keeping with the Japanese-market Honda Civic Type R (read: four-door sedan), and include a horsepower boost and a limited-slip differential.

The prototype car shown, modeled on Honda’s JDM/ASEAN market Civic sedan, incorporates a 2.0-liter iVTEC engine giving nearly 220 horsepower,
along with the usual suspension and appearance modifications. Given the close proximity of the standard Japanese Civic sedan to its North American counterpart, it would likely be easier to federalize such a model than attempt to import the Euro-market Honda Civic Type R’s angular hatchback, whose bodystyle wasn’t developed with either the U.S. or Canada in mind.
This strikes us as a wise move, because as wonderful as the current Honda Civic Si is here in the States, it’s outgunned by high-horsepower entries like the Mazdaspeed3 and Subaru WRX,
both of which will be likely targets for this more expensive CTR.

:vtec::vtec::vtec::vtec:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Very cool but they try to charge 30k for it, it still won't be worth it to me. Price it at 25k base and you have a winner and one that will sell. When you can get 300+ HP for 30k it loses some of its' allure unless you are just a diehard Honda fanboi.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool but they try to charge 30k for it, it still won't be worth it to me. Price it at 25k base and you have a winner and one that will sell. When you can get 300+ HP for 30k it loses some of its' allure unless you are just a diehard Honda fanboi.
You can say the same about Mugen Si's.
But this has 23 HP more than Si/Mugen Si

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You can say the same about Mugen Si's.
But this has 23 HP more than Si/Mugen Si
I would say the same thing about the Mugen Si, waste of money.
23 more HP and great suspension isn't worth 10 grand extra. At 30k there a lot of options that would make the TypeR a bad buy.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Shti, i just got an 08, how ***. Oh well, if this is priced right, ill pick it up.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Over $30k and it'll be outgunned by 350zs and STis and Evos... price it in the same price range as it's competitors (WRX and MS3) and you'd have a winner. $30k price isn't competing with the right class.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Over $30k and it'll be outgunned by 350zs and STis and Evos... price it in the same price range as it's competitors (WRX and MS3) and you'd have a winner. $30k price isn't competing with the right class.
:yeahthat: although it probably will still be overpriced

·
Registered
89 Posts
That's pretty sweet. The demand for one here has been pretty high for such a long time, it's nice to see that one is finally getting imported. If this story comes out to be true i would expect VW to bring over the 230 hp edition 30 GTI with the k04 turbo and S3 internals. Theres alway rumours that its coming every year but hasn't shown up yet.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
^ True, i still think the 125 is too small of a car on the inside. Deffinatly would be a weekend car only for me.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
With the BMW 125i starting a new class, i better see some RWD cars in the mid 20 range in the near future
Oh, and expect toyota to release a RWD 200 hp ish car for around 25. Talks are they are making a deal with subaru to make a RWD car powered by a boxer engine. Should be out by 2009-2010

·
Registered
98 Posts
even if it doesn come stateside for 25g, its still gunna have a dealer markup like the 06 si did, and dealers in my area will want 5g more for the first 2 years. its a joke.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts