8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I do a HFP drop with 17x7.5 +45 with 225/40, will there be any issues present with 20mm front and 15mm rear?

The rims in question are Konig Feathers from Z1Performance.

Also the 1010Tire Calculator says that 225/45 would be "dangerous". What's that about?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Nope, that'll be perfect actually. I had the same setup a while back with 18" RPF1s (same width/offset).

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nice, that sounds great! No rubbing is always good for DD. Was a little worried since +25 and +30 sounded pretty aggressive.

So about the tires, the calculator says that 225/40 would give a .013% difference which is near negligible. However, 225/45 would be over 3%, which is not recommended.

Also, I read that some people had to file the studs down for certain rims. Would the Feathers require filing the studs? Or is it direct plug and play.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
You don't have to cut the studs if there are holes in the back of the wheel. For example, the Mugen GP's can't clear 20mm spacers as seen in this pic:

The stock studs are gonna interfere with those triangular parts.

I searched for a picture of the back of Konig Feathers and it looks like they'll clear (see the big holes next to the smaller ones?), you might want to take a picture for us so we can see...but this is what I found:

For reference, you want something like this (see how deep the triangular holes are):

I really have no problem running cut studs. I just recently took off my 20mm spacers (for my Mugen GP's) and am running a relatively aggressive wheel setup on cut stock studs with no issues. So if you want a pair of 20mm spacers...let me know! I got some. Hehe.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Fast! Excellent, informative reply.

Not sure when I'll be picking up them feathers... I keep buying **** and my money keeps disappearing. lol

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
hope you plan on running extended studs. any spacer pass 10mm i would recommend getting extended studs.
Extended studs? Can you elaborate kenster?
Ichiba spacers have pressed studs into the spacer. They're not your cheap ebay washer-type spacer. No new studs needed. Bencho, you're fine as long as the stock studs clear the back of the wheels.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Just make sure you get the Ichiba Version 2 spacers and you will be good and dont need to extend your studs.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.

25/20 seems awfully aggressive... will there be any rubbing problems on HFP even with a full car? Or rough roads?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
rough roads you may wanna slim down, but HFP susp shouldnt have any clearance issues. i dunno how bad the roads are there tho

1 - 13 of 13 Posts