8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wish i never bought a brand new si....shoulda bought it used cuz i want to sell my car now and its not worth what i owe the damn bank. i got a 08 si /w navi and it has now 7100 miles yet....shoulda bought a damn 06 cuz they look the freaking same :(....sigh.... anyone in same boat as me?

you want to trade your si for another car but ur gonna have to drive it cuz ur upside on ur loan? :readtherules:

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
i wish i never bought a brand new si....shoulda bought it used cuz i want to sell my car now and its not worth what i owe the damn bank. i got a 08 si /w navi and it has now 7100 miles yet....shoulda bought a damn 06 cuz they look the freaking same :(....sigh.... anyone in same boat as me?

you want to trade your si for another car but ur gonna have to drive it cuz ur upside on ur loan? :readtherules:
If people are in the same boat, it's certainliy the FAIL BOAT.

How did you not know when you bought the car 7,000 miles ago that you weren't going to like it? Did you not test drive the car? All these threads popping up titled "Help, I just took delivery of my new civic and I hate it" are full of ignorant people. I can't fathom how someone can go out and purchase a brand new car and then dislike it in a year or less.

You should have spent more time behind the wheel of this car and done more research. I'm not trying to be mean, just honest. That's just poor planning IMO. Now, if you have some other reason besides "upgrade" that you NEED to sell (financial, mechanical, .....) then by all means I feel for you and I apologize.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts

How did you not know when you bought the car 7,000 miles ago that you weren't going to like it? Did you not test drive the car? All these threads popping up titled "Help, I just took delivery of my new civic and I hate it" are full of ignorant people. I can't fathom how someone can go out and purchase a brand new car and then dislike it in a year or less.

You should have spent more time behind the wheel of this car and done more research. I'm not trying to be mean, just honest. That's just poor planning IMO. Now, if you have some other reason besides "upgrade" that you NEED to sell (financial, mechanical, .....) then by all means I feel for you and I apologize.
:yeahthat: :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

One. :eek:hsnap:

Two. How the hell do you not like your SI?

Three. Do you even know how to drive standard? Is that why you hate it?

Four. Should have thought a little bit longer, I hate when I see people rushing in to buy a car.

And last but not least...

Five. If your looking for sympathy... It's not coming, because you were the idiot to rush into buying the car.

·
Registered
687 Posts
man no problems! better darker wheels on the 08 IMO, it comes with red stitching shift boot, VSA...which is kinda meh but it has it. and lower miles hahaha but i'd take the 08!

edit: and why not have an si? i fell in love with mine. i baby it like crazy!

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
i took a hit for trading my 06 lx in for my 08 si. i love my new si 100x more and even though it would have been cheaper to just for the si i don't regret anything. plus the feeling of buying a new car vs. a used one was way better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
One. :eek:hsnap:

Two. How the hell do you not like your SI?
lack of torque, dbw, rev hang, too much play in the shift linkage, too much weight in the front, uneven powerband, pedal positioning, sunroof, overall weight compared to power, etc, etc...

as a DD, i love it, it gets decent mileage, low maintenance, relatively cheap, lower insurance costs, still maintains some sportiness. as a performance car, can't stand it.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
lack of torque, dbw, rev hang, too much play in the shift linkage, too much weight in the front, uneven powerband, pedal positioning, sunroof, overall weight compared to power, etc, etc...

as a DD, i love it, it gets decent mileage, low maintenance, relatively cheap, lower insurance costs, still maintains some sportiness. as a performance car, can't stand it.

I guess it's all different preferences. I just, it's hard for me to believe that someone that owns a SI actually hates it. I just, I can never see myself hating an SI, unless everyday something broke down on it.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.