8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was just gonna start a post about this
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/forc...y-progress-any-avenue-fi-all-who-annoyed.html---BUT THIS POSTER BEAT ME TO IT...so I'll be more specific with my problem.........

i'm finally ready to get a new car, about to sell my 04 accord 6spd, and even if that sell falls through, i can do a trade in.......

......any way I 've really been amped to buy the civic SI since it was released, so of course i've made plans, I want a balanced piece(BOTH SHOW and GO). I've thought about how I want to go as far as SHOW and I have about $1200 in audio/video equipment (still in box) ready to be installed in my future car.

Now my problem comes in the Go department. I/H/E is not enough for me( MY GOAL IS 320hp to 400hp and about 250tq to 330tq) and it seems that the FI options out there aren't enough for my goal.
now i could go Evo8/9 or STI and get my HP/TQ goals no sweat, but I really want to go 2doors, and cars like that, to me, are already everywhere, and they take out feeling of "making something from nothing" (i could go RSX-S, but i've never bought a car new, and I would like to have car that only"knows" me + the RSX is another car that many have and have made a complete car and it's like what else can i do to an rsx to make it stand out from the crowd that hasn't already been done)

......So I'm stuck, I want to get a car and into 2 days have my audio/video in and ready to go(since I already own the equip only installation is left).......and by March i would like to have my HP/TQ goals met

but what can I do to get the CIVIC SI in my "dream' range
OR for what i want do, is the RSX(or EVO/STI) my best or only option?

ps. I'm starting to see alot of early adopters of the CIVIC SI getting fustrated and selling their cars do to lack of "tuning" options...having already purchased 2 very UNTUNABLE cars, i dont want to go down that road again----so please 8thcivic TELL ME HOW TO PIMP MY RIDE:redface:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
thats because no one these days have patience everyone wants to go fast at any cost, even if it involves mind numbingly poor built items.

If you want to go fast from the get go, go for an Evo or STi.
At the moment all that is there is AJP or custom make a kit, for those kinds of numbers.

·
Binks
18,139 Posts
go with the g37s with 330hp which is also in the sti/evo price range. or if u want more power or spend more money, go with the nissan gt-r that will be out soon for $70,000.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
ajp produces a lot of HP

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^if you can get it to fit, or get it to work correctly.

to the OP, if your looking for tunability NOW, the civic is not for you. come back in a few years when EVERYTHING is avialable.
and as some one mentioned, if your in teh market for a 30k car, try the 135, there is already flashes/tunes for that motor that can produce more then 3/4 the power of a M3. soon to overpower the M3....

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
F/I is the way to go. Hopefully in the coming months there will be several new kits available. I'm hoping to have a fully tuned solution by end of Jan. with my new build that will work on the stock engines.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thnks for all the good comments

My budget is 20 to 23 grand---again thats with trade or if I sell the accord

I wanted to go Japanese in my car choice--i'm not really a fan of euro or domestic

Is the RSX-S is the only option(keep in mind I wanna go 2 door)?

I love the design of the CivicSI it has the best look imo....i want to get the civic in my target goals of hp/tq #'s---but i'm just not sure its possible

·
Registered
297 Posts
welcome to the dilemma...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
welcome to the dilemma...

ohh yeah, heavy dilemma. I wonder if I could put a k20a2 in the new SI and get it to work.....

AJP has the hp/tq numbers I want, but their issues makes me want to avoid them.
GReddy nor Comptech, give me the numbers I want in its purchase form....and I'm not sure I can get the numbers I want from the 2 with whats out now........

I really want the CivicSI---but I want to create a BEAST--ohh yeah, heavy dilemma

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
ohh yeah, heavy dilemma. I wonder if I could put a k20a2 in the new SI and get it to work.....

GReddy nor Comptech, give me the numbers I want in its purchase form....and I'm not sure I can get the numbers I want from the 2 with whats out now........

I really want the CivicSI---but I want to create a BEAST--ohh yeah, heavy dilemma
You can absoltely do a k20a2 or heck even a k24a2 with kpro in an FG. It gets complicated when you want to have a speedo and other creature comforts that you'll lose, but it's been done.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts

it would be cheaper to hardwire in a k20a2 ecu into the car on your existing k20z and swap out the neededd components to get it to run vs doing a whole engine swap. in any case might as well wait till kpro comes out. i'd hate to do all that work then kpro comes out a month after you spend a few grand getting it to work. lol

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.