8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me i have a 07 silver fa5 i want to drop my car but the car is mainly for looks cause i have a drag car already. so cheap is better i was looking at the neuspeed sports with the 2 inch drop are they any good? do i need front camber bolts and rear lower control arms? does anyone run these springs? can i use to stock shocks, if anyone has pics that would be great.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
I already spoke to Greg (Highrev) about this and the answer is : it's a bad idea. I'm not sure which it is (shocks or dampers) since I'm suspension-retarded, but one of them will blow out eventually. I think you need a full coilover set or something of the like to do a good drop.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is no other way? could i just get some tokico shocks or something? like wat would be the cheapest way to drop it 2 inches? and the blown shocks are those just rumors or is it facts?? im just trying to slam the car low as possible cheap but nothing to hinder the car or parts

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's a fact. I pretty much take anything Highrev says as fact now since he knows so much about cars lol. I guess you could replace w/e blows with new ones, but I'm no expert. Just relaying information :thumb:

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
If you lower the car on just springs, the stock shocks will blow, that is a FACT. Now, there's quite a big number of people here that have been dropped on just springs, and their shocks are still holding up, even after 20,000 or so. Now the question is, how long will they last? That depends on the car and how it's driven. If you're not worried about how harsh the ride is, or the shocks blowing on you after xx,xxx miles, then springs is the way to go. They are cheap and you can slam the car. Skunk2 has springs that will lower your car about 2" or so.
What is also true is that, the majority of people with just springs, ends up getting coilovers, because it gives a better ride, the height can be adjusted, and they are more reliable, but they also cost a bit more money.
Goodluck!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dude no if you look around it's debated all over the place. I've dropped car after car, friends slammed car after cars, springs, coilovers, full sets, If you drop it with just springs, you'll get a drop... a rough ride, and no adjust ability... but other than those reasons there is no blown shocks in several thousand miles bullshit. But if you want to do any autocross spend the money and get full coil over. If you just want to slam your car, get some springs.... try skunk 2 if you want a wicked good drop. There's another guy in here that has em... I'm deciding what I'm going to do. Coilover, or just springs... I want the coil overs... just can't really pull that kind of cash together for my suspension.

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Btw, i have a FBP FA5 dropped on Sportlines, which is about 1.5" drop. To tell you the truth, anything lower than that is kinda pushing it. The ride feels way more harsh, every single bump or little pot hole you go through, your whole body will feel it, and sometimes, it becomes an annoying thing.
If you can put together the cash, deffinately go for coilovers, you'll be way better off with that.

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
yea i just want to slam it i cant stand it being high. so skunk 2 you think would be the best? do i need rear camber and front bolts?? with those springs?
There are mixed opinions on the Skunk2 springs. Some places say about 2.25" in front drop, 2.5" in back. Other places say they drop like the Sportlines (1.5" all around) so i guess it depends on the car.
If you lower it on just springs, you will deff need the camber kit! Skunk2 camber kit is awesome!!

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
well, i don't have the blue rotas anymore, i sold them and went back to stock, i had rubbing issues with those wheels. if you drop your car more than 1.5" you might have some trouble with wheels, as most of them might rub. personally, i don't really like the civic slammed, it doesn't look too good. sportlines run you about $250, and the camber kit is about $200...while the coilovers run for $1000+ new, or a bit less used...i've seen teins being sold for about 600-700, so i guess that's ur decision as far as wat u wanna do.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.