8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted more light in my trunk so I tried to put in a supper bright LED but the way that the bulb is set up it only lights up the left side of the trunk. I was thinking about putting single LED’s in the side wall of the trunk and wire them up to the trunk light. Has any one else tried this yet or have any subjections on how to get more light in the trunk. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
JCool said:
so no one has any ideas?
i just purchased a kit with 12 LEDs on ebay that has the same base, but a wire from the base to the circuit board (instead of direct attachment) Ill let u know about the brightness and compatibility in about 4-6 days, (depends on shipping) it also comes with base for my dome light!
Id like to consider myself the LED king :)
also be glad u have a light, my old jetta (98) had NO light lol and it was a Trek edition lol
so a little light is more than im used to!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
lol neither car i, this guy sells MAD stuff for making ur own kits and stuff, dirt cheap too, and they are superflux, so they are brighter

·
Registered
249 Posts
i'm using a 194 LED Flank bulb in my trunk. Basically, it's an LED bulb, but the high-powered LED is facing at a 90 degree in reference to the socket, so all the light shoots downward into the trunk and not straight towards the side of the trunk. It works great!!!!

check out the flank bulb on this page, it's the only place i've ever seen it
http://stores.ebay.com/V-LEDS_194-168-158_W0QQfsubZ668445

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
thats good and all man, but not good enough for some of us, that produces only a few more lumens than ur old bulb, were gonna hit up the 12Flux LED system for a mod like i said, and that should produce near a 100 more lumens, of usable light :-D haha im an LED whore what can i say?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
stilll waiting on my 12flux :-(
did i tell u guys i have a 6watt LED flashlight from dorcy? im thinking if i can get a hold of those :) it uses 2 3V Lithium camera batterys, so its prolly capable of 12 v, if i can get a few of those LEDs, they make 120 Lumens lol and are BRIGHT WHITE, ppure white

1 - 10 of 10 Posts