8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spent 2 hours changng out the headlights 9005 and 9006 and fogs. Im not a small guy Im avg size and have large hands. Do the engineers in Japan realize that americans are not 5ft tall and have hands the size of 8 year old girls......Can someone tell me the easiest way to change the bulbs without pulling your front bumper off!!!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
when i did my HID kits for my fogs and low beams, i had the bumper off and still had to pull back the fenderwell to get to the 9006 slot... was a pita to be sure and my hands aren't that small either, just have some patience and be very careful with the bulbs, don't wanna rub and scrape too much... and never ever touch em!

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Passenger side you have to go through the fender liner. The Driversside you can pull out the overflow bottle. Fogs I think you can get through the liners too.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
you can get 3 out of 4 bulbs with just lifting the hood. You can get the Passenger High, Driver side High and Low without doing anything really.

I had to slightly pull back the wheel well covering on the passenger side to get to the low beam. Just move the coolant reservoir and you can get to both bulbs on the driver side and the passenger high, you don't have to do anything but just pull it out.

(I have an Si, might be little different with the regular 'vics)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just did mine took about 10 min. total. remove the fluid bottle on the driver side you have access to both lights from there. the passenger side high beam is easy its the low beam one which is a b...h. go trough the inner fender side. oh you may scratch off some skin while getting there but its part of the fun. good luck

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
It is really not that difficult at all to pull the bumper. Just a couple screws, hex bolts, and some clips and it comes off with ease.

When I installed my PnP's I pulled the bumper and removed each headlight. I believe it made the install much easier.

Only basic tools needed.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
It was hard for me at first too, but I have slender hands.

The easiest way to get to the low beams is to turn the wheel the opposite way, so it grants you more room in the wheel well. Get an idea of where the area is you need to be reaching in the dark for and then dig around up there until you find it. Then do the replacing.

Truth be told, the hardest part for me was getting that effing coolant container back in its slot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.