8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering my friend custom fabs Evo manifolds, I think I might be able to do this... I have a few questions, though... I would probably run a T3/T4, 3" turbo-back exhaust, he can do all of the piping and whatnot, and can get me an intercooler at cost, yaddah yah who cares. My question is about fuel and whatnot... Has anyone ever tried running a V-AFC or S-AFC or something of the sorts? I don't know how this car is set up, and need to do some research, but I think with a GReddy electronic boost controller and a V-AFC, I should manage to get it up and running... Any input? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
It would run, wouldn't run well but it would run. Honestly VAFC is complete crap for tuning a turbo setup. You have like 12 different points on the high and low cam that you can +/- fuel.

For any reliable turbo tune you need ignition timing adjustment, I would use Emanage at the least.

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
GalaxyGreySi said:
E-Manage Ultimate is your best bet. AJP blew a motor up with the Apexi.
when did that happen???
never heard of that ...

but yeah ... do not use apex-i anything on this car ... it will not work ..

told someone over on HT not to try it ... he/they did (short story) ... it blew ...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Don't forget about...

Injectors, injector clips, fuel pump, fuel pump wire harness, turbo oil feed, turbo oil drain, charge piping, couplers, t-bolt clamps, wastegate, blowoff valve, vacuum lines, and all the flanges you're going to need, including the exhaust manifold flange which no one makes as a production piece currently so you'll have to CNC machine you're own which is uber expensive.

Sounds like you have some research and a long project ahead of you!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pwrofdrm said:
Don't forget about...

Injectors, injector clips, fuel pump, fuel pump wire harness, turbo oil feed, turbo oil drain, charge piping, couplers, t-bolt clamps, wastegate, blowoff valve, vacuum lines, and all the flanges you're going to need, including the exhaust manifold flange which no one makes as a production piece currently so you'll have to CNC machine you're own which is uber expensive.

Sounds like you have some research and a long project ahead of you!
Oh I know... But LUCKILY my friend works for a machine shop, so he can build a flange, he did for his ZX2, so my Civic can be done also

·
Registered
12 Posts
My friend's 07 4dr si was running on the Apexi Neo until he went over to AJP to get his reflash and return line setup. It ran fine but also ran rich on 4lbs. Only problem was when tuning in the FPR they ran it too rich and snapped the balance shaft and messed up his oil pump. Look into getting an RSX-S oil pump for reliability.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hyde said:
My friend's 07 4dr si was running on the Apexi Neo until he went over to AJP to get his reflash and return line setup. It ran fine but also ran rich on 4lbs. Only problem was when tuning in the FPR they ran it too rich and snapped the balance shaft and messed up his oil pump. Look into getting an RSX-S oil pump for reliability.
By any chance does your friend still have the wiring diagram for the install of the Neo?? I have one and NO ONE can find anything that shows how to install it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts