8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you think I'm looking at? I'm also trying to figure out if there's some facility for DIY-ers, I mean if I could rent a garage's lift for $25 for a half-day(?), sign a waiver of liability, then I'd do it myself.

Sounds like crawling around underneath a car is painful and unsafe (and potentially wet-- I don't have a garage and live in the NW).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If you think you can do it GO FOR IT! but if not (like myself) just pay someone to do it... I paid $100 to have mine installed. Depending on where you go it could cost alot more....

·
Registered
253 Posts
huevosrancheros said:
Quit making excuses and get your ass under there! It's not that hard to install. All you need is patience and some tools and you'll live.
that wasent necessary.....

·
Registered
253 Posts
iomatic said:
How much do you think I'm looking at? I'm also trying to figure out if there's some facility for DIY-ers, I mean if I could rent a garage's lift for $25 for a half-day(?), sign a waiver of liability, then I'd do it myself.

Sounds like crawling around underneath a car is painful and unsafe (and potentially wet-- I don't have a garage and live in the NW).

Thoughts?
It'll be a pain in the ass but if you wanna save the money then do it.. I didnt expect to do it with my friends at all.. but i didnt have the money to pay some1 so i did it my self.. I learned a few things and it took time but i saved $100.. its all up to you

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
iomatic said:

Thoughts?
I called Superior Racing Development of Tempe, AZ and they quoted me $80 to install header. It is not that hard if you have a lift and are motivated. I am too lazy to do it myself....just don't pay more than $125 to have a shop do it for you.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly. A) I don't have a lift. B) I know I could do it, but I could throw $100 at it. So. Thanks for the advice (mostly).

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I say just do it yourself so you would have some experience working on your car. Then in the future if you're planning on changing headers or removing it, you'll know how to put it on.

1st time would always be the hardest, after that it's gonna be easier. The more you do it the easier it gets. It's like changing oil the more you do it the easier it gets.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I printed out the DIY for the header isntall and the O2 sensor trick and brought it to a local performance shop.. cost me 120.00

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I could find a lift for $50, I would do it myself. It would be worth it to me. But, if it's only a little more, then I feel like I would shell out for it by a professional, especially a Master Tech (not that it would make much of a difference).

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
If you're healthy enough to work on your car, go for it. It's a great experience. I used to work on my cars a lot until I started getting back spasms. Now, I have someone else work on it. 100-120 for installation sounds like a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Spent the $36 get rhino ramps, go on your driveway back the car in so its angled down and drive up the ramps.....BOOM! Done! Put the header in :thumb: I manged to put the SSR header in this way all by myself, so you can def do it!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
If you have some friends that will lend your their garage, I'd go that route. Otherwise, shop around and see what you can find.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
dualdiagnosis said:
I called Superior Racing Development of Tempe, AZ and they quoted me $80 to install header. It is not that hard if you have a lift and are motivated. I am too lazy to do it myself....just don't pay more than $125 to have a shop do it for you.
Where in Tempe you at? See a lot of Si's around and maybe I've been seeing you!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
NewbTuner said:
I printed out the DIY for the header isntall and the O2 sensor trick and brought it to a local performance shop.. cost me 120.00

Thats about right. We charge $100 for the installation. If your in the philadelphia area, you can come on by and be out in a good 30 minutes :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
dualdiagnosis said:
I'm about 101 and Rio Salado area. I don't see too many Si's though. A lot of EX, LX though!!
Nice, you over at ASU? I'm in a Fiji Blue FG2 with HFP kit and exhaust. What about you?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Not this semester. I may have seen you before though. I have a silver coupe si w/tanabe exhuast. Everything else is stock. I will keep a lookout for ya though :wavey: By the way, if you do any significant mods pm me and I will do the same so we can maybe meet up. (I am thinking of the Comptech blower :dancing: )

1 - 20 of 47 Posts