8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

I think i lost hp in my r18

3K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  black07coupe 
#1 ·
Anyways i was coming home from work and i have to take the freeway to get home and i was stuck on the 405 ramp I REPEAT THE RAMP NOT EVEN ON THE FREEWAY waited on the ramp about an hr till i get get onto the freeway and i was pissed so i stepped on the brakes and the gas (note) my car is an automatic so when the freeway started going agian no more traffic but when i stepped on it i was going 80 and it felt like i was going 30 can anybody help me? and it does feel like my car is slower my 0-60 is pretty long now.

#4 ·
If you just want to feel fast (especially 0-60), I think you should get a motorcycle. I have an r18 a/t too, and it is pretty slow.

People has said that the car's computer like to adjust itself according to your drive style. The more aggressive that you drive normaly, the faster it responds. If you don't drive aggressively all the time and just wanted to step on it all of the sudden, I think it hesitate for a bit. This is just what I heard, I have no facts to back it up.

#6 ·
That's not entirelly true dude, I also have a r18 at (Coupe EX) and I drive it really hard every freaking day, srsly, there's no day I don't red line it in every single chance I have. And it seems that it can't be helped, is the same slow little engine that can't break the 10 seconds barrier from 0-60.

#10 ·
Your car felt slower cause you were stepping/riding on your brakes...

Quit making **** threads dude... You flood the forums with *** **** all the time.

If you honestly think your car has lost power do this.

-clean air filter
-check tire PSI
-add fuel injection cleaner
-maybe use that engine restorer liquid
-change your coil packs

#11 ·
Make sure your break calipers are not locking. when you stop the car after driving, touch your rims and be carefull because they could be very hot. If they are very hot, you might have a caliper locking problem. Another test you can do is go on an incline and put the car in neutral. The car should be rolling very smothly. If not, that is another indicator of calipers locking. If that is the case, take your car in imidiately

#14 ·
OMG i've heard of this happening to r18s. all your horsepowers go away when you punch it!!! it makes you car feel mad slow even if you are actually going mad fast. i think theres a recall on this, you should check it out man. it would really suck if your horsepowers didnt come back...

#15 ·
Mateen said:
Make sure your break calipers are not locking. when you stop the car after driving, touch your rims and be carefull because they could be very hot. If they are very hot, you might have a caliper locking problem. Another test you can do is go on an incline and put the car in neutral. The car should be rolling very smothly. If not, that is another indicator of calipers locking. If that is the case, take your car in imidiately
But if it were the case, it would make a noise like metal-against-metal, trust me, it happened to me once and the sound was there

#25 ·
If you honestly think your car has lost power do this.

-maybe use that engine restorer liquid

----------------------------------

IM gonna go buy THE MUGEN OIL RESTORER even though im paying for brand name as u can tell on my vechile profile i am a mugen freak ill be the guy who actually bought mugen oil other then that guy who bought the mugen axle back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.