8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think I have a problem...pics added

I took delivery of my 09 ASM Si Sedan on January 15. It is not my DD. I have 200 miles on it. The problem is that I washed it about ten days ago and I'm afraid to take it out now. I just go into the garage, look at it, and put another coat of Meguiars Gold Class on it. I just keep cleaning and detailing it, because I don't want to drive it on the crappy Massachusetts roads this time of year. Any advice for getting over this OC disorder? I feel like I'm getting weird or something.

ETA: The wheels look incredible with several coats of wax and about four applications of Meguiars tire dressing.

Please help.

Chris

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
Just drive it. It gets easier with time. It can't stay perfect forever, otherwise you would never get a new car again.

·
Registered
289 Posts
hahah it happened to me when I got my car. my garage was starting to get the new car smell lol

I wonder what you would do if you get got one of your dream cars :woowoo:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I did the same thing. detailed it very well before winter and I never wanted to drive it. It sat so long that the battery died, so after that I try to drive it once a week.

Just take it out and get it dirty, then it's easier to drive in crappy weather.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
i had a problem like that. i have it with my house and myself. just take it out and dont worry. but its kind of hard to over come it

·
Registered
926 Posts
My Mugen is full of hood chips already after 7k miles, but its my daily driver. Besides Honda paint is so soft so its almost impossible to keep it perfect unless you clear bra or whatever. Just drive it and enjoy it. I keep my Trans Am in the garage and drive it when its nice only. However it has been out in bad weather also. I have come to learn that its only a car and there are worse things in life then a few scratches here and there! Although I can easily get pissed off about them, it goes away after a few days!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
i love driving in the snow except for worrying about idoit not knowing how to drive and causing an accident.but i hate how my car gets filthy and all the salt gets on it.but u get over it in time but you will never fully get over it

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I live in boston. I drive in salt and snow, and everything else there is in this state. You gotta learn to live with it. I kinda like the snow and ice though..... Hmmm it'll get better when spring hits. You'll feel even better when you clean it when it's dirty!!!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
:Yeahthat: everybody has their anal periods.
Some last longer than others. If you see it clean
all the time it will get boring. if you get it really dirty
then give it a nice clean it will look like you got a new car
all over again.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts