8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i regret not getting a SI...so i want to trade my 07 civic ex coupe with navi with 5,787 miles that i bought in june and get a trade it for an 08 civic si sedan with navi...has anyone traded theyre civic ex for si before? and how much was ur old car worth? and how much extra did u have to pay?

·
Registered
497 Posts
DON'T DO IT, it will not be worth it to be that upside in an Si. I am a dealer and I have seen people do this (Say they bought an 05 unaware of the body change in 06) and they never come out good, unless they put a lot of money down.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
I regret it too sometimes, but not enough to take a hit like that.... wait til your next car then go all out.

At least you have navi!

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Is it manual or Auto? if its manual just wait for one of the up coming turbo kits coming out.

I kind of regret not buying an Si specialy everytime i see them at the meets or get inside one and hear the V-TEC, so am going turbo with mine and be happy.

·
Registered
428 Posts
DO NOT DO IT! You have a VERY nice car right now. You will lose THOUSANDS, have to pump premium, and have a higher insurance rate. The upside (SI) in your particular case is not worth it. If anything, wait until the MMC 09 model comes out, & save like crazy to lessen the blow. March into the dealer this time next year, during "Happy Honda Days" and try your luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah its an auto too =( im so sad its a nice car but coulda been so much better if it was an si i guess ill have to wait

·
Registered
497 Posts
DO NOT DO IT! You have a VERY nice car right now. You will lose THOUSANDS, have to pump premium, and have a higher insurance rate. The upside (SI) in your particular case is not worth it. If anything, wait until the MMC 09 model comes out, & save like crazy to lessen the blow. March into the dealer this time next year, during "Happy Honda Days" and try your luck.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Do it I if your finances are right that is.
I traded my 6 month old VW Rabbit for the Si.
LOVE IT but I gave a huge down payment to the rabbit and owed like 7k. I currently owe 16k on the Si.
Totally worth it.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
if its payed off i'd do it. and whatever you end up owning left over what about 3-5 grand at the most. i'd make payments on it for a year lol. that way it really doesnt effect your bank account.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
What is MMC? I see this around and google searched with no answer?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
mid model change.
most honda models change slightly after 3 years. but i doubt ours will since its perfect as is. and no we wont get a ctr so stop dreaming people its honda were talkin about lol.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I regret not getting an EX with navigation coupe when I had the chance, and instead choosing the Si earlier.

I regret the amount of rattles I've had, the fabric wear on the Si seats, the third gear constantly and dangerously popping out on me, the cold starts, the impossibility of driving it above 2.5K RPM when the temperature guage is anything less than a 1/4 high, and not having navi.

Stick with the EX. Trust me.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
^^ Ex is gonna have a lot of those problems though, most likely. I agree, I effin hate driving it when it's so cold because my motor feels like it's broken.. so jerky even if I'm applying the gas really smoothly.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
i got an lx traded for an Si. took a hit but it didnt matter to me cuz i really want one. insurance still the same. gas a little bit more but its ok. i do whatever makes me feel happy.

Reactions: Zeuceone
1 - 20 of 47 Posts