8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me what to do. Im thinking about putting in my screen from my old car http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Video/DVD-Recorders-Players/Mobile-Video/DVD/model.CQ-VD6505U_11002_7000000000000005702
but i dont know what to do, i dont wanna have to rewire all the speakers because you "have to" bypass the stock amp. But i really want to use the stock amp. And the shop that i help out once in a while (when they have to many customers and not enough workers) told me that they have am $80 harness that uses factory amp and makes the system sound perfect. I really want to know if thats BS.

Basically my main question is: is their anyway i can still use the factory amp with am after market deck and not have any glitches. Also if their are any after market subs that will fit in the sub slot in the rear panel instead of the factory sub???
:eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes:

All help is appreciated

·
Registered
678 Posts
i got my in-dash with the factory amp 4 my speakers and no glitches
and yes theres a pioneer i believe that will fit in the stock sub location....well pretty much any 8' that doesnt have such a big magnet

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JoJo07FBPFG2 said:
i got my in-dash with the factory amp 4 my speakers and no glitches
and yes theres a pioneer i believe that will fit in the stock sub location....well pretty much any 8' that doesnt have such a big magnet
which harness did you use or did you straight wire the old fashion way???
And thanks for the sub help

·
Registered
678 Posts
well im not sure but the homie who hooks it up with all my sounds he said i needed a harness and yeah i got it or else you wont get sound 4rm ur speakers unless you pinch the wire and direct it 2 the unit... but the harness cost around 20 bucks!!! try going around places and checking prices

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JoJo07FBPFG2 said:
well im not sure but the homie who hooks it up with all my sounds he said i needed a harness and yeah i got it or else you wont get sound 4rm ur speakers unless you pinch the wire and direct it 2 the unit... but the harness cost around 20 bucks!!! try going around places and checking prices
thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts