Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHY do people do this??

So I'm leaving the McDonalds on my way in to work and I see the front end of a Silver Si coupe at the lights less than a block away, getting ready to turn down the street I was going to turn on. I saw the rims and noticed a spoiler, so I figured it had to be a member of the Si fam. I decided to wait a few seconds before pulling out so I could let the Si get closer (even though I have my own, I'm still a sucker for seeing them around town.. :wavey: ). The Si gets closer and I notice the grill is painted black...then I let it pass and there's no decals...then the ass end comes around and looks bare and empty with only the "Civic" badge, I'm thinkin' "debadged?" But then...what's this? No exhaust cover?? And exactly what the hell is that thing that only slightly resembles the coupe spoiler?? Anyway, it didn't take long at all to spot the fake, and just for kicks I looked at the dash...whatdaya know, it's not red.

The car still had temp tags and a stealership ad on the back (license plate) so I'm thinking the dealer set it up like that. I'm hoping the lady who was driving it didn't get ripped off too much for it.

I just don't understand what the point of making a Civic look like an Si is. I can't fathom this concept because the Si is so much more than just a couple appearance upgrades. It drives me crazy to think that there's probably someone out there who thinks it's a real Si too...I mean, seriously who would know it's fake unless they were really into Civics.

So my question. What in the world makes someone think it's a cool idea to make a Civic look like an Si?

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Unless one's a Honda fanboy/girl or is educated with the trims, they will not know the difference between the Si and R18. I've gotten a few remarks from people (mostly girls anyway) about my "Si". I smile and tell them, shes no Si ;)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
That is nothing worth breaking a sweat over. How about all the idiots with big fart cans, multi-colored lights, and huge spoilers??

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
it pisses me off, but at the same time i love being able to spot them. i love E36 ///M3's the best. i especially love it when the guy spent alot of money getting the M3 skirts, and bumpers, the hood, mirrors, hood, wheels and some other small things, but then forgets some small things like having the 92-96 front grill on a sedan when sedans werent availible till 98.

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
so the car just had some SI type styling on it??? nothing wrong with that if a person likes the look of some of the stuff on the SI and wants to put them on their car then go for it. however if its all badged up as an SI then thats when its just lame and the person should be pulled outta their car, beaten to a pulp and have the SI emblem stomped into their forehead :biggrin:

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I thought that a lot of dealerships up north were doing this? Weren't they called siclones or something?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
firmhonda said:
I thought that a lot of dealerships up north were doing this? Weren't they called siclones or something?
Yea, I'm too lazy to search though I'm sure someone will post the link...

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
TommyD said:
That is nothing worth breaking a sweat over. How about all the idiots with big fart cans, multi-colored lights, and huge spoilers??
Exactly. Unless there are Si badges on it, I don't see a problem.

·
Banned
441 Posts
eh i can understand the rims and the grill (debadged) but what bugs me is the same people who put fake type r emblems on their non type r's wanna scream "rice!!" to people who put widebodies and neons on. talk about a hypocrites. auto fashion faux pas ftmfl.

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Would having a faux hawk hair style be rice? :D
Or do I need a full mohawk? LOL Im kidding.

I should flame Yodums for having no front Si badge. What an R18 poser.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
LOL!!..haha @ r18 poser comment..

personally shouldn't be anything that you should stress over... i personally would rather have the ex trunk and rear decklid...also the rear speaker deck lid..than the si.. anything regards to rice..than thats what i cant stand..especially when people dont know the differences between imports ande label all as rice. hey maybe thats because i live in KS.

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
If it's not badged incorrectly, then who gives a damn? If anything, a kid with a wrongly badged non-si is racing it, then shame on him for being a moron. Not for "giving SI owners a bad name" but for being dumb enough to think the Si badge gives his car super powers. But someone adding the spoiler and wheels because it looks good to them, then good for them. It's better than a park bench and spinners.

It's not my car.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
When I was on the sales floor, I did a lot of deals for families buying cars for their kids. A lot of kids wanted the performance/look of the si, but their parents didn't want them to have a manual or a quick car. They threw everything possible they could buy from parts on their ex (myself and my parts dept will not sell badges unless you won an si). There are quite a few si wanabes rolling around scottsdale.:face-puke

And FAY, small park benches FTMFW

·
Banned
441 Posts
truflip said:
Would having a faux hawk hair style be rice? :D
Or do I need a full mohawk? LOL Im kidding.

I should flame Yodums for having no front Si badge. What an R18 poser.
lol

you would need a rat tail to be rice ;)

·
Registered
953 Posts
I went to my local dealership one day to pick up some parks. My friend and I roll up to the customer parking lot and we see a Galaxy Gray Si Sedan (with Si badge), but it just looked off. As I drove closer, I noticed there was no exhaust tip and EX rims. I parked and walked around to it... no sunroof. WTF?!?! So we look inside, blue lights.... sigh.

LX with Si badge.

My friend and I were like... why drive a fake Si to a HONDA dealership, someone is bound to know.

So I left a note... "nice Si, dumbshit"

·
Banned
441 Posts
RiceBowL54 said:
I went to my local dealership one day to pick up some parks. My friend and I roll up to the customer parking lot and we see a Galaxy Gray Si Sedan (with Si badge), but it just looked off. As I drove closer, I noticed there was no exhaust tip and EX rims. I parked and walked around to it... no sunroof. WTF?!?! So we look inside, blue lights.... sigh.

LX with Si badge.

My friend and I were like... why drive a fake Si to a HONDA dealership, someone is bound to know.

So I left a note... "nice Si, dumbshit"
lol. That's so mean. :wavey:

1 - 20 of 478 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.