8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, little background here - I keep my car clean, I wash and wax it on a regular basis, I park away from other people, I'm cautious around other cars when I open my doors, I take good care of my car. Anyway, my car is a magnet for idiots, my car is covered in dents and scratches that are no fault of my own.

So, I'm sitting in my car texting away, I'm actually in a group chat so it's pretty involved when a car pulls up next to me, the driver opens his door and I hear "BANG", so I get out and there's a nice scrape in my handle and here he is scurrying away. I'm like excuse me, HELLO, Hi, are you seriously going to ignore me? HELLO like are you seriously going to walk away? As he goes into an office building with me yelling at him. He goes inside and he must have felt bad or guilty because he came back out and was like "oh I didn't hear you" and I was like you hit my car! Which he proceeds to lie about denying the whole thing. So he opens his door and lone behold the scrape lines up exactly with his door. He then apologizes and goes back inside. It gets better, he comes out about 10 minutes later with his insurance details, like he's going to fix the scrape with his insurance. At this point I'm just over it, I'm not going to have my door handle painted I just told him to be more careful in the future.

But seriously, how can somebody not realize they hit another car? How can somebody do that? I'd feel awful!

So yeah, all my friends are asleep so I had to vent to somebody. Is it Friday yet?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
781 Posts
I know your position dude. It's something non-car people don't understand. I WAS driving my Civic to college, and I always park way out of the way to keep it from people. Someone hit it and now I'm going to have to foot a good amount of money to fix it, that I wouldn't have to in the first place. Dealing with body shops is going to be a royal PITA again. People are idiots and don't care. Now I bought a beater to keep the Civic at home. I personally would have completely lost it being if I was in the car when it happened. Only thing you can do is keep it away from people, which is really hard.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hahaha, the guy was probably just freaking out. Sucks it happened to you. I would also be pissed, but the best thing to do if you really care is grab the insurance info and get it fixed -- accidents happen :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would have made him pay for that **** right away. **** yelling at him, go grab him and make him hand over 200 dollars. Not even joking, I've done this before

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just did it with a dude that rear ended my wife's Mini and he didn't even have a license, made him give me everything in his wallet, was only 50 bucks but the tough up paint was 25 so I guess it's all good

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not in my current car, but in my old 6th gen coupe. i had someone back into be in a parking lot while I was in the car. They pulled out and left to find another spot, so I followed them, got their plate number and reported it. Didnt even bother trying to chase them down personally and say something. Anyways, they denied hitting me. Still denied it after insurance concluded it was their fault (the dent and marks on my car all lined up perfectly with their car). Then they wanted it checked again, turns out they got their car fixed.. Then said they wanted paint matching done to prove it was them..

People are just straight up a**holes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts