8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is going to be a funny story so laugh if you want.... First of all i have a 2007 honda civic sedan. Its gotten into a few bumps along the road, not major accidents but just small ones. There was never a problem until i back my friends chevy duramax into the driver side door (yes I did it) besides the fact that this cause a large scratch, it now will not open. (just getting started here) i have been crawling in and out through the passenger side door, so if i leave the lights on it doesnt ever ding, im usually pretty good about not letting this happen but yesterday i left them on, all day. the battery died so my key fob un lock wont work, i cant manually unlock it because of the smooshed in drivers side door (why isnt there a manual lock on both sides??!!) I cant get into the trunk becasuse for some reason the manual lock on the trunk doesnt work and my final attempt was to try to boost the battery with a portable battery pack, however i dont know how to open the hood from the outside. dead battery no problem, breaking into my own car.....? please help

·
Banned
164 Posts
You should have a key hole in your trunk. That will let u get in from the trunk. Just pul the tabs from the seats push them foward and you are in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the trunk key hole just plain wont work i dont know whats wrong with it , once im in ill take a better look at this and see if it works but im still sol at the moment lol thanks though, ill try the hanger trick but i was warned that that could set off the airbags, and mess up the elecrtical (doesnt make alot of sense that this would happen, but i sont know if its a wise risk)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i could always call for help, but i ws just hoping someone had a way to get under the hood from the outside then i could charge the battery use the fob and that would be it, seems stupid to pay for someone to come scratch there head at my problem but if it comes down to that i guess.... thank you

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
oh **** :facepalm: i thought you mean BREAK IT IN...not break in. my bad. i guess just use a close hanger. but use google. its your best friend...so is youtube.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive talked to someone about doing the ol' slim jim, as i am not an avid car thief lol but is there really not way to get under the hood from the out side, so "foriegn" to me jk

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
not trying to start anything but a newb on here and trying to get into a car and the trunk doesn't work just sounds a little :shadyhat:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know what your saying but this is honeslty my perdicament, i can tell you anything you need to about the car if that will make a beleiver out of you lol i just really need some assistance here. the key goes into the lock but it wont turn at all and a couple weeks ago the spring in the trunk went to it slams down hard when its closed (may have something to do with why it wont open now) my car was definatley made on a wensday lol

·
Registered
970 Posts
not trying to start anything but a newb on here and trying to get into a car and the trunk doesn't work just sounds a little :shadyhat:
My trunk lock doesn't work either... I think this is a fairly common issue with our cars. If my battery dies I hope my driver's side lock works because I haven't used it... EVER. LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no its the same key i always have used the one with the buttons, i used WD40 to loosen it up because it feels like its rusted in the key hole but it wont budge its goes in fine (post WD40) but it still wont turn over if you know what i mean

·
Registered
970 Posts
thanks for the back up! :)
No problem ;)

I would personally try using a coat hanger if the windows are open at all. If they aren't, try getting a slim jim or call a tow truck. I don't think there's any other way to get in, but I wouldn't really know... I've never had to break into a car before (except my dads old Suburban, because he used to forget his keys inside all the time, but that's a little easier than on our cars).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i also have not broken into a car, and i dont have any shady friends (that i know of anyway) calling a tow truck is my back up plan but ill see what every one has to say before i do

1 - 20 of 27 Posts