8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal, my car runs 100% fine, it has 40 k miles on it but i have one slight issue.

when i quick shift, or power shift the car, i hear a squealing noise, kinda sounds like some sort of belt slipping. its a very quick squeal, and no its not the tires. it squeals for the split second that im letting go of the clutch during a powershift.

any ideas on what this could be?

YouTube - 08 GTI vs 07 si *Round Two*

heres a vid of what it sounds like, this isn't my car, listen to the squeal between shifts. please dont delete the thread because it involves a race, just dont look at it and listen to the sound :-D

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
do you have a aftermarket intake or done anything with the intake? pretty sure thats what that sound is in the video

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah its not the intake, it did it when i had stock intake too, and still does it with aftermarket one, sound didn't really change

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I dont have sound at work, but if your squeeking its probably the "chirp" that you get from aggressively shifting and the tires "chirping". When you shift aggresively and basically dump the clutch each time you shift your going to be throwing a lot more power onto your wheels, your tires are trying to find traction.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah its not tires man, trust me, because itl do this like 2 out of 5 times, and u can still hear the chirp in the vid when he shifts from 3rd to 4th. and besides tires no squeal at that high of a pitch. thanks for the help so far guys, keep it comin

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a clutch could make a squealing noise like that? i mean the car doesn't make any wierd noises while driving normal, but only while powershifting.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Well you have to think that in normal driving conditions your not making the clutch your b****. I would love to help more but having no sound, Not much I can do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts