8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've seen threads about this before, but they never go anywhere.

I need more leg room in my civic!

I've seen threads about relocating the seat but they always get shot down because of (understandable) safety/liability issues. Has anyone done it yet or does anyone have any more information about it?

People with aftermarket seats... any info from you? When you install an aftermarket seat is there any flexibility on mounting it that would let me move it back a few more inches?

There must be a way to get more leg room. I was going to just get a new car but its starting to look like if I traded in my civic I would be too far upside down :( I thought these things were supposed to hold their value.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm 6'10"

I swear it felt way bigger during the test drive.

Leaning the seat back helps a little, but being able to properly adjust it would be way better.

·
Registered
289 Posts
dude 6 10 in a civic just pull the front seat out and sit on the back seat, LOL JK i don't see why you couldn't relocate the position of the seat with out compromising safety! as long as you hook everything back up properly you should be fine..

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
I thought these things were supposed to hold their value.
Im sick of seeing comments like this. People must not understand that any car.. and I mean ANY car loses a lot of value the second you drive it off the lot.

You take a big value hit in the 1st year or 2, then after that, it holds value better than others.

Example, using average mileage for each model year:

Honda Civic Si (2dr) Invoice = Roughly $20,150

Kbb Trade-In prices ('Excellent' Condition):
2008 Honda Civic Si (2dr) w/ 15000 miles = $15,825
2007 Honda Civic Si (2dr) w/ 30000 miles = $13,650
2006 Honda Civic Si (2dr) w/ 45000 miles = $12,375

As you can see ... in the 1st year it decreased about $4,300, the 2nd year, $2,200 and the 3rd year $1,300

Total loss over 3yrs: $7,800

So, as the years go by, it holds its value better .

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I understand that I was just being a smart ass. Forget I said it this thread is about ways to get more leg room in a civic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Saw your shins off...

I really don't see how you could relocate the seat without a lot of custom fab, unless you don't care what it looks like or your quality of life.

·
Registered
155 Posts
thread resurrection i agree with this guy im 6'6" and all tho i am ok in the civic i would greatly appreciate some more leg room i want some ideas instead of a dead thread any takers on this idea!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts