8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys tell me everything i need to know before getting a performance cam. They are making a new cam for the R18 engine but, i'd like to know everything that goes along with running a more agressive cam. such as things i'd also need to replace or anything like that. Thanks guys

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you guys missed the point. I'm not asking about R18 cams in general. I was just asking that if you upgrade your cam do you also need to get better valve springs and things of that sort. I didn't need a giant flame but thanks.

non of those links said anything helpful. other than "I WANT A CAM FOR THE R18!!! ME TOO!!! ME TOO!!! SC2 SHOULD MAKE ONE!!!! YEAHHH!!!! YOU SHOULD OF GOT AN SI!!!"

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
you guys missed the point. I'm not asking about R18 cams in general. I was just asking that if you upgrade your cam do you also need to get better valve springs and things of that sort. I didn't need a giant flame but thanks.

non of those links said anything helpful. other than "I WANT A CAM FOR THE R18!!! ME TOO!!! ME TOO!!! SC2 SHOULD MAKE ONE!!!! YEAHHH!!!! YOU SHOULD OF GOT AN SI!!!"
First of all...search around do some research. Most people on the forums don't like repeating the same thing over and over. :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Does anyone even make a cam for the r18 yet? I don't know. Generally with cams you can get drop in cams which reuse your stock valve train or you can get more aggressive cams which require a new upgraded valve train. You'll probably have to upgrade your chain tensioner as well.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
omg, thank you!!! one person here who just answers cause their NICE!!! It's a forum guys, if i posted about stupid stuff people would talk but, if its about cars everyone just flames. and that = dumb

and yes, go power is testing a cam for the R18

1 - 9 of 9 Posts